Chapter five

Fallacy's pov 

It only took seconds for me to get to the meeting room. It seemed nearly everyone was here. It only took a few more seconds to realize something was wrong. There was blood and dust, next to it lay a simple note. It seemed like a warning but why was there blood? None of us bleed except Geno and he's here alive. As I got closer to pick up the note I realized what was wrong. I felt my glitching come back and worse then before. I looked around and the effects started to come quickly. The universe was crumbling. This world was made simply to be a meeting room and they had used it as a trap. They knew how to use the device and they used it to get us back here. It didn't seem like anyone else could see or feel it though not even Hope who was basically Dream in this multiverse. Was it because I wasn't part of this multiverse? I shoved that question away as I forced myself to summon the strings wrapping them around as many souls as I could. There had to be a higher god that was doing this. Otherwise they would see it.

"Fallacy what are you doing?" Hope was struggling to get out of the strings. I couldn't let him go. At this point it was getting too close and I could see some of their code being erased. I only had one chance to do this and it would take a lot of energy to move everyone to the anti-void when I wasn't even sure what was causing this. This was like nothing I've seen before. 

 I hurried to grab the note but the world collapsed as soon as I touched it. Everything crumpled and I tried to catch the remains of the skeleton. He at least deserved to be buried yet it was gone within seconds as if it never existed. Was it ever real or was it just a distraction? I could hear a scream before everything went dark once more. The last thing I felt was something hitting my body and feeling the warmth of it. I could only hope they managed to get the note.  

Lilac's pov 

I grabbed Alter's hand trying to rush them. "You promised I could meet them eventually. Why can't I go with you? I mean why does Core have to be there?" I asked. I just wanted to meet my family again. I didn't want to let them forever think I was dead. I could see the hesitance on Alter's face. I could always go by myself but it would be harder after all I haven't used my portals in so long and they take quite a bit of energy. 

"You can't. Core needs to be there to explain what really happened and get your disguise off. Besides if I leave Ink will notice. I rarely leave my universe as it is." Alter explained and let go of my hand. I couldn't help but let my smile drop. I just wanted to see my family was that too much to ask? I considered for a second just running off and going by myself but I hesitated. Would they think I was with Ink in my disguise? I shook that thought from my mind as I took off. 

One way or another I would be meeting them. Core kept promising to make time to do it but they are always busy with another destroyed universe or another meeting. Something always popped up and Core never made any time to actually do this. I wanted to be able to enjoy the chaos that happened at the mansion once more. He would have wanted that. I could hear Alter following me and saying something but whatever it was I couldn't hear it. Not like I wanted to hear it. Alter was the most persuasive in keeping me to one spot. I opened the portal and ran through shutting it behind me. 

It took me only seconds to realize I was at the tree where Dream and Nightmare had been created. It still stood broken. I turned and behind me was the mansion. It was oddly quiet. I didn't waste time running after hearing a portal. It only took a few more seconds for me to get inside. What I saw was odd to say the least. The entire gang was surrounding a table while Blue was drawing something. 

"Gradient come on. You can't just run in here. They don't remember you." I didn't have time to turn to Alter. I was pinned to the wall barely able to breath by Nightmare. The others looked up at me. Alter came in only seconds later and he raised his arms upon seeing everyone ready to fight. Everything hurt. I looked around at their faces and none of them showed recognition. Was this why they were keeping me away? Because they couldn't remember me. I felt tears slipping down my face. 

"They just forgot?" I could hear the crack in my voice. Nightmare must have thought I wasn't in any state to fight because I felt my feet hit the ground. I fell only moments later. I was shaking and I only became aware when Alter put his hand on me. I pulled away pushing him away. "Don't touch me!" I yelled and ran. I grew up with the gang. They were my family and now they couldn't remember me. To them I was now a stranger. I felt more tears pouring out as my vision got blurry. I lost my way in the mansion which I didn't think was possible even with how much I explored it as a child. I ran in one of the rooms and collapsed letting everything take over. I tried to calm down but everything hurt. I wiped my tears away and that's when I realized my glasses had broken and they were gone completely. Nightmare must have broken them. 

Why did Fate have to be so cruel? It seemed like nothing was going right. I focused once again on controlling my breathing by following the breathing technique Core taught me. The last thing I needed was to pass out. I felt the pain in my arms and it helped ground me. "Gradient!" I could hear Alter yelling for me. I felt my body tense up again and I rushed to stand up. Only then did I realize the room I was in. 

It was a playroom. It didn't make sense though unless the multiverse reset was changed by something. I felt the tears coming back up once I saw the familiar toys. The gifts they gave me. Somehow this room survived. Somehow there was everything they gave me as a kid. I could only wonder if my room was still here. I walked over to the box of toys and dropped to my knees looking at the different toys. Each one had been a gift. Both Error and Nightmare loved to spoil me. Cross loved to give me snacks and both Dust and Killer would always play video games with me when dad was gone. The world started to get blurry again as the tears piled up and this time I just curled up grabbing a plush toy that Nightmare gifted me. I stayed like that for what seemed to be hours. I could hear the footsteps closer though. I didn't want to be found. I didn't want to face reality. Then the darkness set in only for terror to fill it and nightmares to consume me. 

A/N Hello readers this one is a bit shorter however the next one will be twice as long though it will take more time as I have finals. Hope you enjoyed