Chapter 3: A Shortcut to Mushrooms!

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This chapter is 2 pages long on word so i hope its kinda long on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D hope ya enjoy!!!!!!!!

Laura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :D <3

Merry and Sam’s eyes flew to where Pippin was pointing. Merry was on his feet in an instant followed by Sam. Pippin was trying to get up but Sam pushed him down. While those three were picking mushrooms, Frodo walked over and picked me up and carried them over to Merry, Sam and Pippin. I smiled my thanks to him. He nodded his head and walked a little way up the road. I started help the boys to pick some mushrooms when Frodo yelled; “Get off the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” We all looked at him and Merry lifted me up and carried me over to a hollow tree, where the others were waiting.

Merry, Sam, Pippin and I started to eat some of the mushrooms that we had picked, but suddenly there was a sudden cold breeze. I felt scared and nervously I snuggled up to Merry. He glanced down at me and put his arm around me. Then we heard the sound of feet hitting the ground and hoofs stamping. Suddenly there was the sound of sniffing. Pippin threw his bag over to the left and then we heard the sound of hoofs leaving. We waited a couple of minutes before getting up and running away from the hooded thing. Pippin, Frodo and Sam ginned at each other when they saw Merry’s arm around me. Merry blushed and took his arm away immediately.

I was leaning on Pippin’s arm, when I saw Merry run up beside Frodo and they started talking. I didn’t hear what they were saying but suddenly the Black Rider appeared separating Merry and Frodo from the rest of us. “MERRY!!!!” Pippin and I screamed, while Sam screamed “FRODO!!!!!!”  Merry darted round the side of the horse, yelling; “Follow me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” he scooped me up into his arms and ran towards Buckleberry Ferry. Tears were still streaming down my face, because I thought I had lost him when that Black Rider separated us. He jumped onto the ferry, followed by Pippin and Sam. I was still snuggled into Merry’s chest, but I could hear Pippin and Sam shouting “Hurry up Frodo!!!!!” or “Hurry Mr Frodo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurry!!!!”

I knew I should be calling and worrying about Frodo, but all I could think about was Merry being killed by the Black Rider and other horrible things that could have happened to Merry. “Does this mean I’m in love Merry?????”  I thought shocked. I felt Merry putting me down and gently stroking my hair. Then he told Pippin and Merry to loosen the moors. Sam turned around and cried “But what about Mr Frodo???” “I’m sorry Sam but we can’t put our lives in danger for his.” Merry said gently. “Look!!!!” cried Pippin “Here he comes now!!!!!” Sam turned around and started yelling and shouting at Frodo to run and then just as we were about to leave Frodo jumped and landed on the ferry beside me. He smiled at me and said; “Alright Prim?” and winked at me. I laughed and slapped his wrist playfully.

I could feel Merry’s eyes on our backs and then he called Frodo over. I stared into the water, thinking about my feelings for Merry. Pippin came over and sat down beside me. We sat in silence for a bit before Pippin whispered “You like Merry don’t you?” I turned my head towards Pippin blushing and asked “Is it really that obvious?” “No I just know you really well. Don’t worry, Merry hasn’t figured it out yet!” He said smiling at the look on my face. “You should rest for a bit.” Pippin told me. “Rest that leg of yours.” I nodded and lay down and slept.

It was pouring rain when I woke, and we were getting off the ferry. I asked Pippin if there had been any signs of the Black Riders. Merry replied instead saying “Brandywine Bridge is 2o miles by ferry and on horseback. They wouldn’t have beaten us to the Prancing Pony. Sam carried me off and put me down on my feet. I took Pippin’s arm and we followed Frodo towards the Prancing Pony.

Watcha think????? You like???? Please vote and comment!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Laura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :D <3