Chapter 4: The Prancing Pony

Heya whoever's reading this!!!!!!!!!! Sorry I haven't updated in a while but I had my friend over for a sleepover so I was really busy.... and now I'm sick as well so yeah just my luck!!! :P but on the bright side hopefully I can update lods today!!!!! :D

Laura!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3 :)

We could see the gate that would lead us to the Prancing Pony. Frodo knocked on the gate and a little window was opened near the top, but because we were so small he couldn’t see us so the Gatekeeper opened the gate a little. “Who goes there?” He asked. “We are hobbits from the Shire and we wish to stay in the Prancing Pony!” replied Frodo. “And what is your business in the Prancing Pony?” asked the gatekeeper. “Our business is our own.” snapped Frodo. “Alright young Hobbit! I meant no harm!” He opened the gate wider and told us that he had to be more careful now, because there was talk of strange things riding around these parts. Frodo exchanged a glance with us all.

“Here we are then! The Prancing Pony!” He opened the door for us and we walked in. Frodo jumped up and hit the bell on the desk. A man came over and looked down and his eyes widened in surprise “Hobbits! In these parts!!! So what can I do for you then young man?” He asked Frodo. “We would like a room here please.” Frodo replied. “Of course! And would you like a separate room for the young lady?” He asked seeing me. “No thank you.” Frodo said “Oh! Has Gandalf the Grey arrived?” Frodo asked. “Gandalf the Wizard? Oh no I haven’t seen Gandalf in six months! If he turns up whom shall I say is asking for him?” The innkeeper asked. “Tell him that a Mr Underhill was asking for him.” Frodo replied.

We were sitting in the bar and the boys were drinking as they always do, when Merry came back with a pint. Pippin’s eyes widened and he asked “What’s that?” “This my friend is a pint!” Merry replied drinking it. “They come in pints???” Pippin said. “Mmmhhhh” said Merry nodding his head. “I’m getting one!!!!!!!” Pippin said and ran up to the counter.

Pippin was talking to the people at the counter when he said “Do I know a Baggins? Of course I do! Frodo Baggins! He’s my cousin once removed from his mother’s side.” “Pippin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” yelled Frodo, running up to the counter and tried to drag Pippin away. Pippin shook him off and Frodo fell backwards and this beautiful ring flew out of his pocket and he reached his hand up and it slipped onto his finger. Suddenly he disappeared. Sam, Merry, Pippin and I all looked at each other in shock. We saw a strange man get up and then suddenly we saw Frodo appearing and the strange man dragging him off. We all grabbed whatever we could find and ran off after them. We burst in the door and he turned around his sword in his hand. “Leave him alone!” cried Sam. “Don’t worry. I won’t hurt him.” the man replied. “Then let him come with us!” Merry demanded. “I can’t do that. I need this boy with me at all times. It’s for his own safety.” The man said his eyes flashing. “Well then if I can’t go then my friends must stay.” Frodo said. “Fine.” “Now what are those Black Riders?” Frodo asked. “They were ring bearers years and years ago but when the Dark Lord found their rings he enslaved them, making them his most deadly servants. They will never stop until they have the One Ring which you seem to have in your pocket.”

When Aragon had finished explaining what the Ring Wraiths were he told us to sleep. I was curled up beside Merry and Pippin. My head was resting on Merry’s chest and his arm was wrapped around my waist. We fell asleep like that. We were woken up to a horrible screeching sound coming from one of the rooms in the inn. I sat up and buried my head in Merry’s chest and he put both his arms around me protecting me. I looked out and saw that everyone was grinning at us. I blushed and Merry did as well. Aragon said “We shall leave straight after breakfast.” “But Gandalf said I was to wait here until he came!!!” Frodo said “We can’t wait any longer. They will be back and I want to leave as soon as possible.”

Watcha think???? Comment and vote please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Laura xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <3