Chapter 5: Second Breakfast

Heya!!!!!! I hope your liking the story!!!!!! Its nearly three pages long on Word so hopefully its long on this!!!!!!!!!! :)

Laura xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :)

We left The Prancing Pony early this morning and we had been walking for ages. We stopped and started unloading the food. Aragon turned around and asked “What are you doing?” “Well, it’s about 9 or 10 o’clock so it’s time for breakfast!” Pippin replied “But you’ve already had breakfast?” Aragon said “Yes but that was first breakfast. Now it’s time for second breakfast!” Pippin exclaimed. Aragon shook his head and continued on. “I don’t think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.” said Merry “What about evlensies and lunch and dinner and supper? Does he know about them?” Pippin asked sounding shocked “I don’t think so Pip.” I answered. Pippin looked amazed. Just then an apple flew down and Merry caught it and gave it to me, smiling shyly. Pippin caught the next apple and he quickly ate it.

It was starting to get dark and we still hadn’t stopped off anywhere for long. We had stop for short breaks because of my leg, but most of the time either Merry or Sam carried me. When Sam carried me, we’d laugh and joke together, but when Merry carried me I’d lie in his arms and lean my head on his chest and relax. Aragon was starting to slow down when eventually we stopped altogether. “That is where we shall be staying tonight.” He said pointing to a large cave thing directly in front of us. We hurried to it and we chose a nice sheltered little cave that had stairs leading to the top in case there was trouble. He gave the boys swords and told them to only use them in emergencies. They nodded their heads seriously.

Frodo had fallen asleep and we had lit a fire and cooked some food, we were just finishing it, when Frodo woke up. He turned around, saw the fire and was on his feet in an instant. “We saved you some food, Mr Frodo!” Sam said “Put it out you fools! Put it out!” Frodo cried “Well that’s nice!” muttered Merry. Suddenly we heard the same screeching noise we heard in the Prancing Pony. I flung myself into Merry’s arms and we all ran up the stairs. Merry put me down behind a massive statute and whispered “I hope they don’t find you Prim.” Then he turned and ran back over to the others and the stood back to back.

Frodo saw the first Ring Wraith and he backed away from it slowly. The others saw it and stood in front of Frodo. Merry ran forward to attack it, but it knocked him to the side like he was a bit of dust. He landed near me and I nearly screamed out his name but I just managed to bite it back. I crawled over to him and gently shook his shoulder. He opened his eyes and smiled at me. I looked up and saw that Pippin and Sam had been thrown out of the way too, and that Frodo was pulling the Ring out of his pocket and he slipped it on his finger. The Wraith stopped for a minute, but then it continued on and drove it’s sword into the ground. But instead of hitting the ground it hit something else. Then he pulled the sword out and was about to drive it in again, when Aragon arrived and threw a fire torch at it. It screamed, dropped its sword and ran off.

While Aragon was killing the Wraith’s, we all ran over to where Frodo had materialised. He was screaming and clutching his shoulder. All the boys looked at me. I sighed and gently took Frodo’s hand away from his shoulder. Then Aragon appeared and said “Don’t do anything. He has been stabbed by a Nagúlz sword. Only the elves can save him now.” He picked up Frodo and Merry picked me up. We hurried after Aragon for several hours when suddenly Aragon said “We are running out of time. We shall make camp in this clearing.” Merry put me down and the grass and we all sat around Frodo.

After what felt like years, Aragon appeared with a beautiful Elf. They were talking in Elvish, so we didn’t understand what they were saying. Then she walked over to us, smiled and picked up Frodo and jumped up onto her horse and rode off. “What are you doing?” Sam yelled at Aragon “We would never have made it to Rivendale in time to save Frodo, Sam” I said gently “Exactly so Arwen took Frodo to Rivendale by horseback.” Aragon said.

We were on the way to Rivendale and Merry was carrying me. We were nearly there when Aragon stopped and looked behind us and started to run. Merry started to run too with Pippin and Sam close behind us. Then just like magic, gone was the desert we had been running across and we were in a beautiful meadow full of flowers and there was Elrond. The Elf king. Merry put me down on my feet and they bowed while I curtsied to him. “Welcome to Rivendale.” He said.