01

Daphne's POV

Ding.

I rushed over to the front counter, pulling out my note pad and looked up at the man in front of me. "Hey, what can I get you?" The dirty man standing before me spoke up in a ruff voice. "I'd like a large black coffee, with 2 sugars. The order name is James. " He ordered tossing the money at the counter. I counted the money and put it into the register.  I didn't bother to write it down since it was such a simple order. I walked over to the kitchen and yelled back to my coworker Brin, "Hey Brin, I need a large black coffee with 2 sugars please." As she got started on the order I went out to the seating area to clear off the tables. 

Ding. 

I walked back to the kitchen, grabbing the order and walking to the counter. "Order for James!" I called. The man came up to the counter  and snatched the cup as I handed it to him. He looked at the coffee, then to me. 

"This is a medium, not a large." He said, raising an eyebrow at me. "Well we had to change the sizes of our cups due to the decrease in custo-" He cut me off before I could finish. "Bullshit!" he yelled throwing the coffee all over the counter. "I ordered a large and that's what I expect. Maybe if you wrote it down like you're supposed to you would've remembered a simple thing like a cup size!" He boomed as he barged out of the coffee shop. 

Brin ran out from the back to stand next to me and rubbed my arm. "Hey, are you okay? I can't stand people like him. Expecting to get exactly what they want when they want it." I nodded as I grabbed a cloth and started wiping up the mess. "Yeah, I'm fine Brin just a little shook up. " I said giving her a slight smile. She nodded and grabbed a cloth to help me clean. 

After the counter was clean we quickly got back to work before our boss, Josh, came out and yelled at us. Another man walked in. He was tall, you could tell he was muscular even through his winter coat. He has piercing green eyes and brown curly hair. He walked up to the counter to order. I pulled out my note pad with a sigh and looked him. "What'll it be?" I asked. He thought for a moment. "I've never been here before, why don't you surprise me?" he replied in a deep English accent, a smile playing at his lips. 

Something felt odd. The way he smiled, the way he spoke, even the way he walked. I smiled and jotted something down on the pad. "That'll be four dollars and eighty-seven cents, can I get a name for the order?" I asked. "Uhm, Harry." He replied, hesitantly as he handed me the a twenty dollar bill. I handed him his change and he immediately slipped it into the tip jar with a wink. 

I went to the kitchen and gave Brin the order. "I need a caramel hot chocolate with extra chocolate chips on top." Brin pulled me into the kitchen and grinned giddily. "Who's the hottie?" she squealed. "Wha- no Brin. His name's Harry." I laughed rolling my eyes. "Come on Dannie, you can't deny he's not hot." She replied as she prepared the order. "I can deny whatever I like." I shook my head and watched her write something on the cup before handing it to me. "There you go. Now go give Mr. Smoking his order." She said pushing me out of the kitchen. 

I walked out to the the counter and called out his order. "Order for Harry!" He walked up to the counter and gently took the cup when I handed it to him. "Thank you very much." He smiled as he left to the shop. 

The rest of the day was slow. Just the same regulars in and out. When Brin and I were stacking up chairs she spoke up. "I hope you don't mind, I wrote your number on that guys cup that we met today. What was his name? Henry, Harry?- That's it! Harry!" She smiled as she spoke. "Brin, please tell me you did not." I pleaded. "C'mon Daphne, he was hot and you haven't been on a date since-" she stopped before she finished her sentence. 

I turned to face her. "Go home Brin, it's late I can lock up." I told her. "Are you sure? I can help." She argued. "I've got this, trust me." I smiled. She hugged me as we said our goodbyes before walking out of the shop. 

// 

When I finished cleaning up I grabbed my coat from the back and walked out to lock up. I grabbed my keys out and started locking the doors. "Just another cold, boring night in Queens." I said to myself. I faintly heard footsteps from somewhere behind me, not paying much attention to them. 

"C'mon doll, Queens isn't that bad." I heard a familiar voice ring out. I tried to turn around but before I could a pair of strong arms was wrapping around me. I struggled to free myself "Let me go!" I said pulling at the strangers arms. Before I knew it, a cloth was wiped out over my mouth and nose. The cloth was laced with something. I felt dreary, my legs felt week, my eyes became blurring and my brain fuzzy. My legs gave out beneath me as I fell into the strangers arms, becoming numb. 

I looked up to see a pair of dark green eyes "Sh, shh baby. You're fine, we're gonna go for a ride." The man smirked, a devious, untrustworthy smile. I slowly began drifting into what felt like a peaceful sleep, before I was completely unconscious. 

//

Remember me;

 091030408

disclaimer: i'll most likely update once a month, except for the first 3-5 chapters those will come out as soon as possible.