Unwavering [X Drake x Fem!Reader] Part 3

For TransponderSnail

Canon Universe

Prompt: Reader being rude and assertive

TransponderSnail already got a prompt dedicated to them, but I felt it made a good ending to this 3-parter ;)

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!"

"Please keep your voice down."

You smacked the stack of paper from his hand, sending the sheets scattering over the ground. You hadn't seen this bastard in three goddamn days, since the night he declared he wanted a divorce and vanished from your bedroom, and now he decides to come face you?! With this?!

"I'm not signing shit!" you growled, "We aren't through, Drake. Stop playing this stupid game!"

"I'm not playing any games, Y/n," his face was blank as he bent to pick up the papers.

You glared at the top of his head, trying to deny the stinging in your eyes.

"You promised me, Drake! We exchanged cups! You can't go quitting on me now!"

Mutters and whispers began to swirl around you. He really had picked the worst possible place to finally confront you. You hoped you ruined everyone's meal as badly as Drake had just ruined yours.

Your husband stood, carefully organized the papers into a neat stack, and then set them down on the table beside your forgotten dinner.

"Be sure to hand these over to the lawyer as soon as you can."

He didn't even look at you. Your fingers curled into shaking fists.

"Hey... excuse me?... maybe you should take this-"

The soldier stupid enough to step forward didn't even finish his sentence before your kick launched him across the mess hall and buried his head in the opposite wall.

"I DON'T HAVE TO TAKE THIS ANYWHERE!" you shouted, "THERE'S NOTHING HAPPENING ANYWAY! I'M NOT SIGNING SHIT! I'M YOUR WIFE! AND I DID NOT MARRY A MAN WHO BACKS OUT ON HIS VOWS! NOW GO SHOVE THOSE SOMEWHERE THEY'LL BE MORE USEFUL!"

Drake took your verbal lashing with the same blank expression. His eyes remained focused somewhere over your shoulder. Your heart felt like it was gripped in a vice.

"Commodore L/n, Rear Admiral Diez."

You whirled around and glared daggers at a broad chest. You craned your neck and met the stern stare of one of the top authorities in the Marines.

"Please remove yourselves from the mess hall," Admiral Akainu's brow was quirked with irritation, "Your marital issues should not be displayed for all to see."

Your eyes flashed and you lifted an accusing finger. But before you could snap at the stupid lava mutt and tell him to mind his own damn business, another hand clamped over your mouth.

"Apologies, Admiral Akainu," Drake bowed his head, "This conversation is over. Goodnight, Y/n."

You gawked as he withdrew his hand and turned away. You ignored the way your skin tingled under his touch and glared after him.

"It is most certainly not over!" you snapped.

Ignoring all the eyes on you and the Admiral still looming at your side, you snatched the papers from the table and stormed after Drake. You caught up to him halfway down an empty hallway.