chapter 14- a very unusual thanksgiving.

hate to see your heart break- Paramore
deal wiv it- Mura Masa
baby came home 2/ valentine- The Neighborhood
a place where nobody knows- No Rome
losing dogs- Mitski

*Julian's Pov*

i stir awake, stretching and cracking my joints. i look around, the only light being the moonlight. i see jade laying on the floor, tossing and turning.

"don't hurt her!"  she mumbles. her eyebrows are scrunched and her cheeks are flushed.

"Jade." i whisper, she doesn't flinch.

"dad! please.." she screams this time. a tear falls down her cheek and she mumbles gibberish.

"Jade." i whisper more violently this time, she still lays there.

"NO!" she yells, flailing her arms around. i take this as my cue to get up from the bed and sit by her side.

"Jade!" i shake her and she jumps up, tears still falling down her cheek. she falls into my arms and i hesitantly hold her close. she shakes and i gently brush her hair, cradling her head with the crook of my elbow.

"it's okay Jadey. your safe, I'm here." i whisper into her hair, she continues to sob into my chest. "do you want to sleep in your bed? we can switch places." i ask. she shakes her head after a moment and looks up at me. her face is red and her teary eyes glisten in the moonlit room, she's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. but i know I'm not allowed to look at her like that..no matter how much i want to.

"stay with me," she squeezed me tighter and nuzzled her head into my chest again. "please."

i gently picked her up, my hands supporting her thighs. i lay her down in her bed and climbed in next to her. she turns to face me and i lay on my back. she then scoots closer and grabs my hand, along with putting her head onto my chest.

"Jade.. this is-" i whisper.

"don't let go of my hand." she sniffles. she closes her eyes and i slowly copy her, feeling more comfort and joy then i have in a long time.

~~~~

the sun shines through sparkly purple curtains and i squint my eyes, looking around. i feel my hand tangled in hair and when i turn to look, i see Jades peaceful face still resting on me. she stirs awake and i smile at her yawning. she looks at me with her big blue eyes and we just sit in silence for a few moments until i break it.

"happy thanksgiving Jadey." i practically whisper. she smiles somewhat, and sits up to stretch. i take that as my cue to leave her room and go get ready or something, even though i want to stay.

after at least an hour later of showering and getting dressed, i walk into the living room. i see that their extended family has arrived, it is almost 2 after all.

"nice of you to join us juju.." Jax calls out. i blush as everyone turns to look at me.

"i thought i told you not to call me that..." i mumble once i walk over to him. he chuckles and pats my back.

"oh juju... tsk tsk." he walks away and i scrunch up my face in confusion.

"the cool uncle is here!!" a tall brunette guy walks in that looks a lot like Jade. he is carrying grocery bags and a blanket in his hands. i decide to be the amazing citizen that i am and help him with his things.