First Glimpse of Madness

Bursting through the air, the trio of friends stared down the monstrosities of nature. "What the hell was Eren thinking, creating these things?", Annie asked zipping through the trees and launching towards the canopy. Mikasa and Armin followed suit and the perched on a sturdy branch to catch their breath. "I don't know but we do have a means of fighting them," Armin said, fishing a note out his pocket. "Remember their weak spot is the nape of the neck," he said swallowing. "Alright charge up because we have a grueling battle ahead. Let's slay these Titans and find Eren's sorry ass," Mikasa said, raising her her own chi. Armin and Annie simultaneously thought 'She's so cool' and flared their energy. Th trio repaired their blades, replenished the gas canisters, and gathered some strength. Taking off with a rush of wind, the skilled warriors raced towards the behemoths of flesh and hunger. Armin was the closest to the group of Titans and shot an anchor into a nearby tree. The titan near the rear of group, standing at about 7 meters bizarrely jerked to the side and lunged face first at Armin. He barely had time to react as he dodged under the massive body. He twisted and shot an anchor at its back. Hacking and slashing his way up the titan's body, finished it off by slicing its nape. It fell lifelessly to the ground send a thundering thud echoing through the woods. The other Titans stopped and turned and started sprinting towards Armin. Annie and Mikasa reacted and swooped in and grabbed Armin from the steaming corpse and into the canopy once more. They flipped through the air and launched Armin up so he could straighten himself out. He regained his balance and landed on a tree, watching the titans search for them. "Okay we can't just run in head on. We'll get killed that way," Armin stated, his eyes scanning below him. "Right duh," he said, smacking his head lightly. "The note said that the cut off limbs regenerate in minutes. Because we don't know the full time interval, let's say we have 2 minutes for every limb we cut off. That means we need to kill those six suffering souls in a minute and thirty seconds apiece. We got ten minutes to handle this," Armin said, readying himself to strike. "I'll go for the legs. Mikasa, Annie when you see an opening take it," he said, charging his Gear for a full speed burst. Annie and Mikasa poised themselves to strike. Taking a breath, Armin channeled his energy into his legs. "Alright let's go!" Armin said taking off with a sonic boom. Annie dropped in sync with Mikasa, swirling and gaining momentum. 'This has to work!' they thought together, hoping for the best outcome.