Epilogue

Epilogue

An Oath To Take

"Love, come here," I heard Andre's voice calling for me. I bit my lower lip as I looked behind me. I saw him sitting on the white beach chair while holding a glass of champagne in his hands. He was wearing a white dress shirt that was unbuttoned on the top and paired it with khaki shorts.

I smiled at him as he tapped the small space beside him. I was standing near the shore of the beach while staring at the sunset as it goes down. I can feel the cold breeze of the place as it caresses my hair away from my face. The small waves from the calm sea, reaching for my feet as I slowly walked back to him.

Malawak ang mga ngiti akong lumapit sa kaniya. I reached for the glass of champagne that he was drinking on and took a sip from it. "Why?" nakangiti kong tanong rito kasabay ng pagtaas ko ng kilay sa kaniya.

He shook his head to the side as he extended his arms to my direction. His arms reached for me as he wrapped it around my small and bare waist. I was just wearing a mustard yellow bikini with a ribbon like-tied in the middle of the chest for design.

He pulled me towards him as he placed a swift kiss on top of my stomach, just below my chest that made me giggle. I looked down on him as I tangled my long fingers around the black locks of his short and messy hair. Slowly leaned down on him until my lips crashed onto his.

I closed my eyes as I felt him respond to my kisses. He licked the bottom of my lips, asking for access that I willingly gave to him. I felt the light squeeze of his hands on my waist that made me moan in his mouth. I let go of his lips and gave him one last peck before finally pulling away.

He smiled widely at me and pulled me on the waist that made me sit on top of his lap. Napatili ako kasabay ng pagtaas ng aking kamay na hawak-hawak ang baso ng champagne upang maiwasan ito sa pagtapon sa amin. "Andre!" I shouted.

"I love you..." he whispered in my ear.

A wide smile appeared on my lips upon hearing those three words from him. I already heard it from various people like my friends and parents, yet it still feels different when it comes from him. My heart pounds so fast as if it is ready to burst out of my chest. "Happy three years with you..." I responded. "Let's watch the sunset together?" tanong ko rito.

He made me sit beside him while still keeping me close. I can feel the heat of his body radiating against mine. I placed my head on top of his biceps as I flatly laid my hand on top of his chest. We were lying peacefully on top of the white beach chair as we watched the sun go down.

"Ano kaya mangyayari sa atin kung sakaling hindi siya nawala?" tanong ko rito.

I felt his chest heaved up and down as his left hand reached for my hand that was on top of his chest. He held my fingers and intertwined them with his. I can feel his soft caresses on my hair.

"Would we still be together? Yeah, probably. Will we be this in love? Probably not..." I trailed off, answering my own question.

"We would never know, Imo. Maybe, we learnt how to love each other and even built a bigger family, or maybe we stayed the same, only as fuck buddies while taking care of her," dagdag niya. "Why are you wondering about that anyway? We have each other already..." nagtataka nitong tanong sa akin.

I shrugged my shoulders as I let out a sigh. "I don't know. I just can't help but wonder," maiksi kong sagot. "Wonder how cute she would've been... How much she would've grown by now. If only she didn't leave."

Nanatili lamang kaming tahimik habang pinapanuod ang mabagal na pagbaba ng araw. When it was already dark enough, we both decided to go back to the place that we are staying in. He told me to get a shower first, kaya nauna na ako sa kaniyang mag-ayos.