Chapter 2

Magnolia

"Come on, Xander, harder!" I demand, panting and breathless.

"Fuck Mags, I'm not exactly holding back here." He dodges my fist aimed for his cheek, but isn't quick enough when my other fist connects with his ribs. I'm rewarded with a loud crack as the bones break. He winces but quickly recovers, sending me two quick punches of his own. I block them, grabbing onto his wrist and twisting it around. He sends his free hand towards me and I grab that wrist too, using his momentum to throw him to the ground. I jump on top of him and pin him down victorious.

I scowl at him accusatorily, "you let me win."

"The hell I did! You know, not all of us are gifted with speed. You wanna get knocked out so badly maybe you should be training with Incandis instead."

"You know he won't touch me, you're the only one who treats me like a normal person."

A minute passes before he gives a resigned sigh, "Come on, up with you, let's get back to the castle. I need a nap and you need a shower."

I slap my hands to his chest. "What the fuck, I barely broke a sweat you pain in the ass," I laugh and help him to his feet.

---

Once we make it back to the castle Xander takes off up the stairs to his room. I grab a snack from the kitchen before heading up to my room.

I open the door to my bedroom and am immediately pulled through the doorway and pinned against the wall. A large hand covers my mouth to mute my shrieks.

"Xander, what the fuck!" I hiss. "You scared the shit out of me."

He doesn't say anything, instead he takes both of my hands in one of his and pins them above my head. His free hand starts tracing my jaw, down between my breasts and across my stomach. He slides his hand up beneath my shirt, his fingertips skimming my skin until he reaches my breast.

"Xander, the door," I breathe.

He releases my hands to lock the door and I take the opportunity to pull his face towards me, crashing our lips together. Immediately our tongues find each other, my hands fisting his hair. He breaks away, peppering kisses along my jaw.

"What are you doing Xan, I thought you wanted to take a nap."

He nuzzles into my neck, "mmhm, and then I remembered my queen needed a shower so I came to offer my services."

"I'm not officially queen yet, that title still belongs to my mother. Perhaps you should offer your services to her." I tease him.

He rolls my hardened nipple between his thumb and index finger, eliciting a desperate moan when he pinches it. "You've always been my queen. Even when we were younger, I would have laid down my life for yours. I come from a long line of guardians, it's in my nature to protect you, care for you... service you," he says with a sly grin and presses his lips back to mine.

Desire burns in my core, "Okay but quickly, I have a meeting with my dad and Incandis soon. Some of us actually work around here."

With a grin he drops to his knees and rips my leggings off. He starts planting kisses along the inside of my thigh, slowly moving north towards my weeping center. I stop him before he can reach his destination, blushing furiously. "Xan, please... don't."

He looks up at me, searing me with a smoldering look. "After all these years, you still won't let me taste you." He says, sounding more amused than anything.

"I can't... I'm sorry. It's too..." My voice fails me.

"Intimate?"

I nod weakly. We've already blurred the lines of our professional relationship too much, the last thing I need is for one of us to develop feelings.

"But filling this tight little pussy of yours with my cock is still okay?"

"More than okay," I giggle as he stands and lifts me up behind my thighs, allowing me to wrap my legs around him as he carries us into the bathroom.

He sits me on the counter and turns on the shower. We strip each other quickly between frenzied kisses, waiting for the water to warm. Anticipation growing with every article of clothing removed.

He lifts me again and walks us into the shower, pushing me up against the shower wall. He presses his thumb to my clit before slipping a finger inside my aching core. I let out a moan as he explores me with his hand, wanting him to replace it with his length.

"Xan, please, just fuck me," I plead.

"Always so impatient." He scolds as he lines himself up at my entrance and fully slams into me without warning.

"Fuuuck, mmm, I'm not known for my patience."

Taking a nipple in his mouth he circles it with his tongue before scraping his teeth across it. He retracts his cock agonizingly slowly, teasing me. When he's almost all of the way out he impales me again with the full length of his hardness. I begin to rock my hips, trying to gain some friction against my clit.

He hooks his arms under my knees, spreading me wide against the wall. With no way to gain leverage I'm forced to absorb all his pleasure, each thrust rapidly pushing me closer to my edge. He rests his forehead against mine, his pace unrelenting.

"Cum for me, my Queen." His lips brush against mine, sucking and nibbling on my bottom lip.

At his words I plummet off the edge in ecstasy, my legs shaking over his arms. He smothers my moans with an open mouth kiss. He groans into my mouth as he continues to pound into me before pulling out. His swollen tip rests against my clit as his hot release coats my outer folds.

After a minute he gently releases my legs, helping me to stand on my own. He takes my face in his hands and kisses my lips gently, tenderly massaging my tongue with his. "Let's get you cleaned up," he says and reaches for my loofah and body wash.

He turns me so my back is to him, and he begins lathering my shoulders and back. He wraps his arms around my waist, running one hand over my breast and the other washing away the evidence of our secret tryst. He begins circling his fingers around my clit again when we're startled by the sound of someone kicking in my door. We both whip around immediately, Xander holding out a protective arm as if expecting an enemy to come bursting through the bathroom door. Like I didn't just kick his ass in training.

He's about to get out and investigate when Incandis shouts, "Mags! You in here?" His voice filled with panic.

"Yeah! I'm just getting out of the shower hold on!" I shout over Xan's shoulder.

I move past him leaving him in the shower alone. "Stay in here until we leave so he doesn't see you," I whisper to Xan, wrapping myself in a towel.

"Same time tomorrow?" he wiggles his eyebrows at me playfully.

"Mags!" Incandis calls again

I narrow my eyes at him in warning. "Don't be seen," I peck a chaste kiss on his lips before shouting to my brother, "I'm coming, let me get a towel on!"

I slip through the bathroom door to find Incandis pacing back and forth.

"Fucking finally, I've been looking for you everywhere. We have to go, Dad's missing."

I walk into my closet and quickly throw on my usual black leggings and tank top. "What makes you think he's missing, he probably just went out with the morning hunt or something?" 

"I just spoke to Elder Rimori, she said that dad was supposed to meet with her this morning and he never showed up. Dad has never missed a meeting with the Elders. Mom said that dad went out last night with Uncle Dex, didn't say where they were going just that they'd be back by morning. They still haven't returned."

I'm trying to make sense of everything he just said. There are so many unknowns, but one thing is for sure; if Incandis is worried, then something is seriously wrong. He's always been the calmer, more level headed of us, so to hear the panic in his voice it's unsettling.

"Alright, gather the guards and meet me in the meeting hall in 10 minutes. I am going to search through dad's office quickly to see if there's anything that might point us to what they were doing or where they might have gone."