Chapter 26

Ryleigh dropped her magic around Kristopher and wrapped her arms around his neck. She felt his hands instantly cup her ass, to which she wrapped her legs around his waist. She kissed him deeply, desperately. She was terrified of losing him, she felt childish for trapping him with her magic, but she would be damned if he walked out on her. Not now, she thought. Her hands tangled in his hair as she attempted to bring his face closer to hers, as she pressed her body further into his. Her entire life had been fighting; fighting the heat cycle would be no different. If she decided to turn, she would fight. She refused to succumb to something so trivial, after standing against everything else that life threw at her.

Kristopher led them over to the bed and sat on it. Ryleigh straddled his lap while his hands roamed clawed at the skin beneath her shirt. He growled and ripped the shirt off her body. He needed her, he craved her, and the clothes that she was wearing were inconvenient. His fangs descended instinctively as he relished in her body, her skin. He wrapped his hands in her hair and yanked her lips away from his. She uttered a slight moan and his eyes fixated on the beautiful vein that was pulsing in her neck. He leaned forward and trailed his tongue along the vein, allowing his fangs to graze the skin as he did so. He was going to mark her in every way that he could; even if it meant that the wolves would eliminate his markings after turning her, they would have to eliminate his markings by marking over them. She was his first, and he was damned determined to make everyone know.

Ryleigh sighed as she felt Kristopher's fangs tease at her skin. She felt him bite lightly and she gasped suddenly. "I want to taste you, to mark you, my love," Kristopher's deep growl rolled against her skin. "Regardless of what happens, I want everyone to see that you are mine. To see it, to smell it, to fear questioning it. I will do whatever it takes to keep you, Ryleigh."

"As long as you don't leave me," Ryleigh breathed. She knew the danger in his words, that he would kill anyone and anything that threatened to take her from him, but she also remembered his promise; he was going to be the only one to kill her. Stop remembering, she scolded herself. Forget about death and the Lycans and cherish the vampire before you who is breaking. He needs you more than he needs your concerns. "I will never leave you," Kristopher groaned.

Kristopher's fangs penetrated her neck suddenly, and Ryleigh cried out. He drank her delicious blood greedily, twisting his fangs sharply to deepen the imprint of him in her skin. He snarled suddenly as the smell of Ryleigh's arousal filled the air. Fuck, she makes me love her even more, he thought. His feeding, who he truly was, was the strongest aphrodisiac for her, and he fell deeper in love with her each time that it was confirmed. He tore his fangs from her neck, ripped her head to the side, and buried his fangs into the opposite side of her neck. She cried out once again, her arousal intensifying. He knew that Lycans began the transition with marking their intended for the transformation, and the mark was always on the intended's neck. He wanted to display his own markings to whoever attempted to claim her after him. He twisted his fangs again to increase the damage and ripped them out of her neck. He snarled as the blood trickled down her chest from her wounds, as the beautiful goddess before him did not fear him. Instead, she grabbed his throat and crashed her lips against his.

Ryleigh kissed him greedily, passionately, never wanting to not feel his touch even for a second. She dipped into her magic and placed one hand on Kristopher's shirt. The fabric instantly disintegrated beneath her fingertips, and she raked her nails against his chest. He growled deeply and ripped her face away from his. Ryleigh's breath caught in her throat as she observed the terrifyingly beautiful man that was in front of her. His bright red eyes were fixated on her, his fangs glittering with her blood. A surge of lust and possession surged through her suddenly; this deadly vampire craved her and her alone. She thrust her magic into him and forced Kristopher flat on his back. Her magic quickly unbuttoned his jeans and tossed them into a corner of the room. She placed a hand on his boxers, and the fabric disintegrated. Kristopher sat up suddenly and reached a hand for her, but she was faster; she thrust her hand out and her magic strapped Kristopher to the bed flat on his back.