Chapter 7

This is going to be a long summer.

—————————-

        Waking up the next day wasn't the same as I was used to. Instead of silence, I could here the drizzling of  the pan my Uncle was cooking on. Smelling the food he was cooking made it impossible not to resist. It felt good, having to wake up to something so refreshing and I couldn't help but smile at myself. 

I got up and headed to the toilet outside my room. Brushed my teeth and did the usual morning routine of course and I heard Uncle Ash calling for me so I went downstairs and was greeted yet again with his apron and a table filled with food. 

"Good morning" I called 

"Heyy good morning, did you sleep well last night?" He replied placing the orange juice on the round table.

"Yep, and now I'm extra hungry.. you know how bad the food is in the plane" I remarked remembering the vegetable soup the flight attendant handed to me.

He laughed "Well come on, whatcha waitin for"

We were eating now, and I couldn't stop. It was delicious, i absolutely adore homemade food.

"So how's your restaurant doin?" I asked taking a bite of the french toast.

"Great actually, and it will get even better now that it's summer... your mother informed me that I should keep you busy so congratulations you are now an official employee to the Fish Grill restaurant.

Truth is I loved working at places like these, it sounds fun. Back in my town my mother wouldn't allow it, so It was kinda surprising about her agreeing to this.

"Sure, but how did you manage to convince her to allow me to work?" I asked him.

He just smirked and said "I have my own ways, anyways you have today all by yourself..go to the beach and have fun" 

After cleaning up downstairs I went to my room again, blasting  music through my room and that pumped me up into wearing some shorts and a cropped top. 

The sun was angry and the wind was trying to calm it down. I smiled at that weird thought right there and continued my way exploring the extravagant beach which by the way is amazingly crowded. 

I sat down by the chairs that were placed by the beach and looked around, kids building sand castles and playing around. Girls checking guys out which I hated to admit made sense, the guys around looked good but I didn't pay much attention to that. Actually I did but can you blame me?

It felt good, just everything. The surrounding, the weather, the people.. it felt different and i was looking forward to that.

My thoughts were soon interrupted when I caught my eye on this little girl struggling for air in the sea, her tubes I suppose slipped from her arm and she could barely breathe.

As soon as the realization came towards me I ran as fast as I could to help this girl, I headed to the sea and grabbed her yelling "HELP HELPP".

Soon I was surrounded by a group of people and a lifeguard, helping her out. She coughed and cried, I comforted her with a hug.

"Its okay, you're safe now"

"JENNA JENNA ARE YOU OKAY?!" I looked behind, it was a guy that looked about my age.. he was tanned and had green eyes, they looked panicked and scared.

He held the little girl and hugged her almost crying.

"She's okay"

"Thanks to her she is" The lifeguard stated