Chapter 3

I wasn't surprised, my mother was always on time and when i say always i mean it.

I accepted and there i saw her, wearing her formal outfit which somehow made her look gorgeous with her sandy blonde hair tied up in an elegant bun. And her matching pearl earrings and necklace.

She smiled at me through the screen which instantly got me smiling too.

"Hey honey, how are you?" she asked.

"I'm great mother, how are you? How's the trip?"

" It's pretty debilitating but i'll be fine, how's school?"

"Boring" i scoffed

She laughed " With a small town I'm sure it is, that's what I've been willing to talk to you about"

"What is it?" feeling very tensed right now.

"Well, the business trip has been extended to three months and i don't think i can come home for the summer. So i'd assume you'd be feeling very dull knowing there's nothing to really do here" She let a nervous laugh out.

"Mom what are you trying to say" I was about to explode.

"Okay okay, i want you to stay in your uncle Ashton's for the summer" she closed her eyes and squinted them.

"HHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Mom are you serious?!!! Uncle Asssshhhh, mom do you realize what you're saying" I couldn't stop laughing

"I know i know, hes definitely not the responsible type but would you rather stay at Aunt Jenny's? I mean that woman wouldn't let you in the house without inspecting every inch of your body making sure that there are no germs whatsoever." she sighed, it was true. My mom's big sister was worse than my dad's younger brother.. she's a freak and everyone knows it.

"Why can't i stay in dad's place, I'm sure he wouldn't mind mom please" I pleaded.

"Honey that man started a new family, and if he cared enough he would've called once in a while just to check on you at least. Id rather have you stay in his brother's house than in his" She gave me a very intimidating look that explained it all.

"Fine, but mom I've only met him like twice." Its not that i hate Uncle Ash or anything, but i don't really know him very well. After my parents got divorced i never saw him. which was three years ago to be exact. I hardly remember anything about him, except the fact that he was very irresponsible and was never married oh and he accidentally broke my mom's favorite vase and you all know what happens when someone messes with a mother's favorite things, lets just after that day one dared to touch my mother's things without permission.

It was very amusing to me and my cousins but we ended up cleaning the mess thanks to him.

"Look i cant believe I'm about to say this but once you meet him and get to know him better, he's amazing and hilarious. You need that type of person, its summer Emily."

I stayed quiet, she was right.

" Look in three days a driver will come pick you up and take you to the airport, pack by then and say your goodbyes and what not, oh and say hi to Jake for me i have to go right now a meeting is coming up after 10 minutes i need to prepare"

"Okay fine ill go bye mother, love you take care" I smiled and shaped a heart with my hands

"Great!!! Bye you take care of yourself, be careful and have a safe flight love you too honey" she waved before closing the Skype call.

---------------

Sorry this took a while but enjoy