014.

"ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived to the quarterfinals!" daryl paused, "which means things are about to get intense, of the eight boys and eight girls on this stage, one of each will be named all valley champion

"ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived to the quarterfinals!" daryl paused, "which means things are about to get intense, of the eight boys and eight girls on this stage, one of each will be named all valley champion."

everyone started cheering out loud.

royce cheered loudly as miguel won the match.  royce inhaled as it was her time to fight.
she walked onto the mat as her dojo started cheering her name.

"fight!"

(don't feel like writing a fighting scene again.)
—-

royce won her match, and now it was time for miguel to fight again. she could see johnny pat miguel on the back and ruffle his hair.

the hispanic boy walked onto the mat, bowing as eli did the same. royce whistled out loud. watching with anticipation.

she watched as they threw kicks, low kicks, and punches to eachother. royce realized that miguel really didn't want to hurt eli.

miguel jumped up and spun, but fell once there was a loud crack. everyone gasped out loud as they watched.

"miguel!" royce yelled out loud as eli scrambled down to miguel's body. the hispanic boy let out a pained yell. she rushed foward with her dad as the ref called a medic.

"sensei!" miguel yelled out in pain. royces lips started to quiver as the medics took him away. johnny hugged his daughter tightly.

royce stood next to mama carmen as the medic was taking a look at his back.  "good news, it's just a pulled muscle."

"so does that mean i could keep fighting?" miguel turned to the medic.

"can he?" royce questioned the medic after miguel.

"they gave him 30 minutes to recover. so let the pain guide you." the medic answered the questions.

royce walked towards to miguel, "thank god you're okay," she hugged him as he kissed the top of her head.

"always," miguel mumbled.

"is there anyone who can take diaz's place?" the ref asked johnny.

"my daughter can. but-"

"she can compete for him in the girls all valley," and the ref walked away to inform the others.

"oh man, i'm gonna shit myself." royce exclaimed towards her father. "dad, where's miguel?".

"he's in the locker room, he'll be here soon." royce nodded but got a weird gut feeling in her stomach.

"miguel has one minute to return to the mat," daryl announced as the timer went on.

everyone stood around, looking for miguel.

"i'll do it," royce said out loud as everyone was silent. "i don't care whoever it is."

"looks like royce lawrence will take his place for eagle-fang! she will be versing xile maddox in the finals."

royce paused for a moment as she saw xile and terry silver smirking at her.

the lawrence girl walked out momentarily to fill up her water bottle, "congrats. i heard you're taking my place amour."

royce jumped a little, "you scared me. are you okay?". she walked over to her boy.

"yeah. i'm fine. it just felt like i wasn't fighting for me anymore rory," miguel voice cracked a little, but royce didn't hear.

"i'll be fighting for you, always."

"always." miguel paused for a moment, "anyways uh, i just wanted to wish you good luck. and let you know that-"

"all finalists, please report to the center mat," miguel was interrupted by the announcement.

miguel sighed, "you got this, royce."

royce kissed him as a response back, and put her forehead on his. "thanks. i'll see you out there." she smiled while caressing his cheek.

miguel nodded as he watched her walk away.

"ladies and gentlemen the wait is finally over. it's finals time," daryl said. everyone cheered loudly.

"up first! the boys fight." royce stood next johnny as she watched robby and eli fight.

royce could feel her heart beating against her chest as she watched them fight.

"point! one-zero keene!"

"point! one-one moskowitz!"

"sudden death over-time! let's go" daryl announced.

royce watched as they took off their gis. circling eachother.

"point! winner!" the ref raised eli's hand. royce clapped loudly as she watched miyagi-do run to eli. she smiled brightly. he did it.

+++
jasmin's corner.
one more chapter:)