Chapter Eight - Working with Cute Idiots

Y/N POV:

Y/N put on their socks with a yawn. It was a Sunday, and today they had to work. I wish my shift wasn't 7-2 today. I'm dead tired.

The day before had been pretty normal. Although it was normal, it was boring: Tommy didn't call. They did talk to their friends in California though. Y/N checked their phone to remind themselves of the date they agreed on.

Trio + Goddess

Yesterday, 19:04

The Glorious Ruler

– see if you can get 22 or 23-28 –

Basketball Colored

– Oh yeah, that would give you a

day to get here by taxi! –

 – Ill ask my boss about it next time

I work –

– I have early shift and everyone is

gonna be very tired and annoyed –

Zebra

– sure thing! –

The Glorious Ruler

– good luck –

Zebra

– good luck with that –

Basketball Colored

– Good luck with that –

– NO I ALMOST GOT IT –

Zebra

– SUCKS TO BE YOUUUU –

Y/N turned off their phone. They worked again in two days, more than enough time to work up courage to ask their boss. They would also work 11-6 one day, so they could ask Christine right after lunch. Y/N ate a sandwich they made the night before, almost choking on it.

It takes 15 minutes to bike there. It's 6:15. You start at 7. You can eat a FREAKING SANDWICH. They swallowed the last bite and brushed their teeth. Y/N made sure everything was safely in their purse and stuck their phone on the charger, scrolling through it. No missed calls.

Tommy is probably busy, that's all. And it's freakishly early. I mean, I didn't call him either. Maybe he can't call me though...if he spammed that Tubbo again I will find a way to light him on fire. I wonder if I can meet Tubbo somehow... Y/N stood up and zoned out into their thoughts, just walking around the house, and stubbed their toe.

SH!T SH!T SH!T THAT HURTS!!!

Y/N sank to the ground, holding their foot. THIS IS WHY WE DON'T WALK AROUND WITHOUT LOOKING Y/N. They gritted their teeth and stood up, hobbling to their bedroom. Well at least that showed me I forgot to put shoes on. How on earth was I walking around with socks and no shoes? Sometimes I don't make sense and I don't like that.

Y/N slipped on a pair of white Adidas - it was the most expensive pair of shoes they bought for themselves, just to have a pair of nice shoes. I want to feel nice today.

Their phone buzzed with an alarm. Y/N jumped, forgetting that they set that. I should probably ride to work now unless I want to be late. I know if I wait another minute it'll turn into twenty. They hit their head on the wall (purposefully) and ran out the door, jumping on their bike.

There was one good thing about waking up so early and having to bike for 15 minutes. The air.

Y/N pedaled as fast as they could, making wind fly around them. A bird flew off the sidewalk as they approached. The sun was half-visible, hiding behind houses and trees like it was playing a game of hide-n-seek. The soft glow wasn't harsh yet, but it was more muted than the past few months. I forgot, it's November. The 12th, I think? It's been over a week since I met To -