Chapter 11 - Back in Place

TOMMY POV:

Tommy woke up on Monday, November 15, dead tired. He stared at the ceiling, like he was daring it to collapse and fall down on him. Spoiler alert: it did not.

I don't want to stream today. I'll stream tomorrow. Or maybe in two days? I think I just wanna take the day off today. He rolled onto his stomach, hiding most of his face in his pillow. Yeah, I'll tell them I don't wanna be online much today. They'll understand, they do the same thing. He grabbed his phone and went on discord - which was still going strong despite being so many years old. It was about as old as Minecraft, but it had the best audio and video connection compared to others. He typed in 'Not going to talk much today sorry' and turned his phone off. He heard a few dings as some people responded but ignored them, closing his eyes. Maybe I'm sick? I don't feel that good. I should probably scan my temperature but it's in the bathroom... He flopped onto his back again.

Guilt.

Tommy opened his eyes hazily, raising a sleepy eyebrow at himself. What?

You're guilty. The voice inside his head snickered.

What? No I'm not? I don't have anything to be guilty about.

Oh yeah, then who did you not call back?

Tommy turned his head and eyed his phone. I'm going to call them back.

But why not now?

(A/N: yeah Tommy, why not now? *acts like I'm not writing this atm*)

Because... Tommy sighed, slinging his arm over his head. Alright fine, maybe a little guilty. What are we gonna do about it?

I dunno, maybe, CALL THEM? That would be a good start, if they aren't annoyed already.

(R/n: this voice is the equivalent of me this entire story- maybe it is... let me experiment)

(A/N: Z is Tommy's inner thoughts canon)

Go away, Tommy thought, sitting up and taking his phone.

You do know that you're pretending I'm a different person's thoughts because I think what you don't want to, right?

Yeah yeah now f!ck off please. Tommy opened his phone and the time blared out at him: 12:49. OH GOD I WAITED WAY TOO LONG! He quickly called Tubbo's contact, and waited for someone to pick up. The line rang and rang before he was met with a dial tone and a voicemail box.

"Don't leave a message unless you're - " Y/N's voice broke off as they laughed for a few seconds. They stuttered out through a wheeze, "b-buying me a taco." There was another laugh and a beep.

"Hi Y/N," Tommy said quietly. "I'm here now. Call me? Please." He hung up, wincing. Should I have added that please in there? Aagh, I don't know. They answered pretty fast before, they probably will again. He watched his phone for twenty minutes, checking it every couple seconds, but nothing happened. I'm going to get nothing done if I keep waiting for them to call back. They might wait a while themselves, I did take a day. And we didn't call for a few days before that. I also ignored them when they called because I was streaming...but they don't need to know that bit. Tommy went into his kitchen, mindlessly making noodles. I'll apologize to them when they call back - if they call back. We barely know each other and I blew them off...but hopefully they'll understand? I know Wilbur and Tubbo and things better than Y/N, way better. So if I tell them that I didn't want to but I didn't have a choice...hmmm...OW!

Tommy swiped his hand away, and put the side of his finger in his mouth. He'd banged his finger in the microwave as he was closing it. I should stop zoning out while making food. He pressed the '3' button on his microwave, leaning on the counter until the three minutes went up. But yeah, surely it's all explainable. If they stop calling me I am gonna be sad. Tommy unlocked his phone. Still no notifications. It's only been a few minutes since I got out of bed, I should just give them a minute.