Chapter Nine - One or the Other

TOMMY POV:

"I'm going to start stream soon, you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be!" Tubbo responded happily. "Are we doing that old game again?"

"Yeah. It'll be fun!"

"We shall be miners and crafters!" Tubbo saluted on the video call. Tommy laughed.

"Alright, stream's all set up. Do you want to use discord?"

"Sure. I'll call you."

"Cool, I'll call you later if I find out anything."

No flashbacks! Nuh uh! You can pack that sh!t up and throw it out.

"Sorry, what?" Tommy asked.

"I said I'll call you!"

"I'll call you."

"Can you repeat that?"

"I'll...call you? Are you okay big man, you don't look so good." Tommy reached for his phone to turn off his camera.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just spaced out. Let's be miners and crafters."

"F!CK YEAH!" Tommy heard Tubbo hang up and then join a VC on discord. Tommy joined as well and deafened to start stream.

"HELLO CHAT!" he yelled. "It's been a few days, hasn't it? Let's see, let's see...baker24, six months of prime! Be more like baker chat! Simmering_souls is back at it again with 20 gifted subs! Thank you, thank you. Today," Tommy said while putting on a song, "We're gonna start PogSMP! It's just me and Tubbo unless others get on, lemme join Tubbo..." He undeafened to hear Tubbo talking about wool colors.

" - gray and sh!t, a whole f!ck ton of them."

"TUBBO, MAH FRIEND, HOW ARE YOU."

"Ah!" A metal clank came from Tubbo's end of the VC. "Da!mnit Tommy, I knocked over my water!"

"Pog," Tommy said, and laughed. "I'm getting on the SMP, are you ready?"

"More ready than I've ever been."

"Good cause I'd leave you behind if you weren't." Tommy fully loaded in for the first time, and Tubbo spawned right behind him. "How do we start?"

"I don't know!" Tubbo's character jumped around, punching grass and flowers. "I didn't think this far, you were supposed to."

"Let's do as the great Ph1LzA Minecraft would do." Tommy looked up and saluted. "This is for you Phil!"

Phil playing hardcore was the main reason Minecraft had become popular the last five years.

"Oh great Ph1LzA, we call upon you!" Tommy laughed when he heard Tubbo play along.

"Maybe we need to make him a, a f!ckin summoning thing, I dunno."

"We should build it directly at spawn," Tubbo added. They spent a few (20) minutes gathering wood and made a sloppy statue.

"This is sh!t," Tommy said in a flat voice.

"I can fix it!" Tubbo shouted. He jumped over and placed a poppy down.

"What's that gonna do that's just a floAHHHHHHHH!" Tommy screamed as a player tagged 'Ph1LzA' joined the game. "IT'S PH1LZA! PHIL OF THE CRAFT!"

"What are you little sh!ts doing?" Phil said. He'd joined the VC with them.

"Nothing," Tommy said truthfully.

"Tommy..."

"Nothing I swear!"

Phil's character looked directly at Tommy's for a few seconds. "Okay. What are we doing?"