Chapter 2

Skylar's POV

This was so unexpected, why did Perry come after me when there are thousands of girls hoping and praying to be Diggy's "Mrs. A" in tonight's show? No matter how much I tried to get out of being "Ms. A" Perry wasn't letting me go anywhere. He was so consistent and he kept insisting that I was the perfect girl for this and eventually I gave in, not because I wanted to use this to get known or anything, but because I know how much Daniel's career means to him and I know how hard he's worked to get to where he's at today. No matter how much I hated him right now for just vanishing from my life and making me feel like a nobody, I wasn't gonna dare mess up his show. As Perry was guiding me backstage all of the feelings and memories that I buried deep deep down inside of me that I thought would never resurface all of a sudden did and I began to reminisce on everything we've ever done. The first day of first grade was definitely one of the highlights of my life, that day was the day I knew my life would never be the same. Even though everyone thought Daniel was a nerd and a little weird I seen him to be the most perfect kid I've ever laid eyes on and soon of a later we became inseparable. Ever since that day we've sort of been jointed at the hip, we practically did everything with each other, he's the first boy I've ever had sleepovers with, the first boy I've ever cried in front of, the first boy I kissed...well lets just say he was my first for practically everything; my relationship with him was beyond indescribable and even though what we had were many years ago, I'm yet to find anyone like him and I wonder if I'd ever find someone even close to amazingly beautiful inside and out as Mr. Daniel Simmons. As Perry and I got closer to the side of the stage in which I was set to enter from, the more I got nervous, the more I wanted to run away, the more I hated Perry for talking me in to do this, and the more I didn't want to be here. As Jacob was finishing his performance the more I began to think WHY THE FUCK AM I HERE? Why didn't I question Madison about this concert? Why do I wanna forgive Daniel at this point in time? Is he still the same person he was before? Does he still love me? Has he replaced me? I wonder how the Simmons are doing..Aww I know Miley have grown up so much since the last time I seen her "/ I miss her so much. Why did Daniel just forget about me? Ugh why am I sitting here letting myself stressing over someone who I thought I wouldn't have to see anytime soon? Someone who could care less about my well being? I really need to get my shit together ASAP. Soon I was snapped back into reality when Perry tapped me on my shoulder telling me I was about to take my seat on stage, well here goes nothing.

Diggy's POV

The last person I expected to see tonight was Skylar and yet she's here. It's been five years since the last time we've seen each other and seeing her just made me nervous as hell and more eager to get out on the stage and show her how I felt when her dad told me she didn't wanna talk to me anymore, I don't understand why she just threw away what we had. "Yo blade you should see your face right now, it looks like you're about to shit yourself my nigga. I gotta take a picture of this man" Roger said knocking me off the cloud I was sitting on. Roger was a clown and even though he was got on my nerves sometimes I loved having him around. "Son delete that picture, it better not end up on Instagram" I chuckled and walked over to get the roses I was gonna give to Skylar, I wrote her a note and put it inside the roses. "Babe you better rock it, I'm so proud of you" damn I forgot Alex was even here for a minute. "Thanks Babe" I went and gave her a kiss on the cheek and got ready to go on stage. As I walked to the side of the stage where Perry was and so many things went through my head, damn what if Perry couldn't convince her to be my "Ms. A" for tonight? What if she smacked the shit out of me on stage? Did she hate me? If I wanted her back could I get her? Damn what about Alex? When I looked out on the stage I seen her sitting in the chair and i got crazy butterflies, she looked so beautiful out there. Once Spin dropped the beat to the song that was inspired by her I automatically got turned up, this is the first time I've performed for her, I wonder if she knows this song and I wonder if she knows it's about her.. Lets go boy, time to do what I do.

Skylar's POV

Once I heard the beat for Thinkin Bout U, my heart practically fell out of my chest. Omg!! I can't believe he's about to perform this song. For some reason I always thought this song was about me, but then again I don't know I always over think things so probably it was about some other girl he met after me. I was so anxious for him to come out at this point, when I looked into the crowd I seen Madison laughing and taking pictures of me and I immediately started laughing. When Daniel came out the biggest smile creeped onto my face, damn how I used to love that boy. He came over to me wearing the most beautiful smile I've ever seen and handed me eleven red roses and one rainbow rose. Once he looked into my eyes I just wanted to kiss him and leave everything behind, even though he hurt me I still loved him more than anything. The lyrics all of a sudden hit me and my eyes started to get teary, the way he was looking at me while he was performing was so sincere. Did he really write this song about me? Is this how he felt after he LEFT ME? Does he still think about me? Could I really have had that much of an impact on him that he had to write this song? Those lyrics were so beautiful. My thoughts soon vanished when he touched me, I slid down in my chair a little. Oh gosh his touch still made me so weak, it always have. When he seen me slide down my chair he smirked at me and I started to laugh, even though I went through hell when he was gone none of that mattered anymore. I missed Daniel and apart of me wanted him back but most likely he had someone new and I knew this was only for just one night. Unfortunately the song ended, causing me to end a moment I wish I could have for life. Daniel grabbed my hand and left me off stage, before we went our separate ways I thanked him for the flowers and as I was walking away he called my name causing me to look back, "Skylar, read the note that I put inside" I nodded and began to walk back to my seat to enjoy the rest of the concert. Before going back to my seat, I went to the bathroom to read the note..

"I never thought I'd be performing this song to the girl I wrote it for. I can't believe I'm seeing you after five long years, you've grown so much but you're still the most beautiful girl I've ever seen <3. Meet me at the after party once the concert is over so we could catch up. I've really missed you Sky, I hope all is well - Dan 😘❤"

So many thoughts were going through my head at this time. Is it worth it? I need to make up my mind before this concert is over.