22. Communication

- Silence. That's how the locals of Encanto describe you. A quiet and hardworking person, you could be found wandering through town all day, assisting the villagers and Madrigals in completing their tasks. Since you never truly spoke, most of the questions were met with a nod or a hand gesture. If the question requires a more detailed response, you would add a word or two here and there. But that's all!

- But that's not how Camilo Madrigal, the Madrigal family's shapeshifter, would portray you. He constantly said that words or numbers were incapable of explaining (Y/n). They're like an angel from above in his eyes, the way their gentle touch fixed his hair that one afternoon, still perfectly engraved in his memories. When they give him a sincere grin when he assists them with duties, his heart skips a complete beat before he can comprehend what is going on.

- But it comes nowhere close to your first sentence with him. At the scene, the poor guy almost passed out. The way you just dropped a single: "Good morning Camilo, how are you today?" nearly got him to heaven. You just feel more enthusiastic than normal that day, and having known Camilo for a long time makes you believe that saying hello would be a fantastic start to a strong friendship.

- Your voice sounds like an angel's melody, something he swears he'd go down on his knees to hear. It took Camilo a week to get used to your voice suddenly popping in his ears.Please give him some rest during the first few days if you notice him holding his chest; he's having a heart attack.

- He's helplessly in love with you, savoring every line you've ever said to him or some tiny facts you've forgotten about. For example, if you place your finger on your chin before expressing your opinion to him, I swear it will become his habit.

- But he's the only one with whom you ever have a full conversation? He was overjoyed when he learned this. When he chose to ask you out, one of the things he prioritized was making you feel at ease with him, and there! He completed the task!

- You just speak with him because you are comfortable enough to communicate with Camilo. It's not that you don't trust other people; it's simply that Camilo was the only one who ever reached out and drew you near enough to properly converse with him. And, yes, you'll definitely fall for him as well.

- The Madrigals find out about this later when Dolores teases the lover boy at dinner; despite the fact that they adore their chameleon, this is the greatest opportunity they can have to payback for his pranks. When Dolores uttered your name, he changed into you for a single second before returning to himself. All of this reveals how deeply he has already fallen for you. Encanto will be sunny for the next few days due to how happy Pepa is for her baby boy.

- So, please, the next time you talk to him, move somewhere farther away, at least out of Dolores' hearing, so he doesn't have to hide in his ruana for the rest of dinner.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just a short fic but i want to use this one as an excuse to said Happy New Year to all of you out there! Thank you so much for supporting me and this book! And i wish you the best in 2022!!!