Decisions

Chapter 7

-----------------

Alishba couldn't believe her ears. Whatever Asma just said didn't make any sense to her. 

How can she suddenly ask for her hand in marriage for her son at a situation like this ?

She felt like dreaming. She wanted to wake up and end it but no! Its a reality.

"Ammi! Are you in your senses ?". Ridhaan argued because he couldn't understand what his mother is suggesting is even valid ?! "You know I hate the one who betrays. And you're clearly telling me to get  married to one of them ?". Ridhaan's continues rant gave immense pain to Alishba.

How can he judge her when he know nothing about her?

He shouldn't be just declaring her as a betrayer when she did nothing.

"What else do you think can be done to take control of the situation ? I can't let the fame and dignity we have cherished all this while get crushed in a second". Asma tried to justify her point but her heart suggested something else. She really wanted her son to end up with a girl like Alishba.

"I'm sorry Asma madam! But this can't happen. I can't let the mistake done by my one daughter to be beared by my another daughter". Amir spoke keeping his face straight.

"You are all thinking emotionally. But think rationally. Do you think your daughter will have a hard time at my home or with my son? You have seen Ridhaan since you joined the office. I know he is short tempered and sometimes he is cold but I can assure, he will be alright". Asma deadpanned.

"My daughter is very much precious to me. I wont get her married in a haste. This is about her whole life, after all". Amir sticked to his earlier decision.

"Amir! What are you saying ? You should be thankful to Asma baaji for having suggested this proposal. This way both the families wouldn't be ruined. Alishba is our daughter after all. We all want her to be happy. If Seema couldn't be fortunate enough, it doesn't mean, Alishba should be deprived of this fortune". Rima concluded ignoring her son's glare meanwhile. Turning to Alishba, she further spoke, "Alishba beta! Now it's in your hand whether you what to disown us completely infront of the society.". Rima acted innocent infront of Zaveri family but Amir knew, Rima can never think of any good for Alishba.

"You dont have to think of her happiness, Rima as long as I'm still alive to do that". Amir said incensed on his wife for showing fake care. He looked at Alishba who was standing in a corner thinking deeply. "Alishba come here". He called her to which she took baby steps to reach him. When she finally stood beside him, he put a hand on her head, saying, "You don't have to do anything beta if it even means to have disgrace all my life. You're not a burden for me that I will just put you off. You live in my soul. And I will always protect you no matter what the circumstances". Amir said so lovingly that Alishba was compelled to hug him tight and she cried her heart out on his chest.

The scene witnessed by Asma touched her soul. All this while, she wanted a replica of Amir's honesty and that very moment, she found it in Alishba. She didn't realise when she had tears witnessing the most beautiful bond of a father and a daughter.

"Amir!". Asma called him breaking the father-daughter moment. "I'm being completely straight forward here. It's not even about my fame or dignity or anything. I heartily want Alishba to be my son's bride. Please! I beg you. She is the one I always dreamt of having for my son as his bride. I'm genuinely asking your daughter's hand in marriage for my son". Asma finished making Alishba cry even more.

"I second that, Ammi". Rishan who was a silent spectator since the argument started finally broke the chain. "She is what my brother wants". He said looking at his elder brother who rolled his eyes.

Ridhaan didn't understand what his mother is wanting  will be in their favour?! Just one meeting with this girl and Asma decided his entire future? Not that he is bothered about Seema. Marriage was never in his plans. Marrying Seema or Alishba didn't matter to him. But he knew if he and Alishba are tied in a knot, he will surely make her suffer because of his short tempered nature. He cannot do much about it because he can't understand anything when he is angry.

"Give us a minute". Amir said after giving a thought to the proposal of Asma.

"Sure, Amir!". Asma left the dressing room with her two sons.

"Alishba bete!". Amir called his daughter who was silently weeping on his chest. "Look at me". He ordered Alishba. Wiping her tears, she looked at her uncle who is nothing but an angel in human form.

Amir started, "Beta! Ridhaan is a well established business man and also a good practicing muslim. I have seen him offering his prayer on time without delay. And these qualities of him overpower his dark sides. And being a short tempered isn't a bad quality. In fact, we as human tend to have anger issues".

"What do you want me to do chacha ji?". Alishba asked on the verge of tears.

Amir wiped her tears and said, "I want you to say yes to this proposal". 

"If that's what you think is right for me". Alishba worded her thoughts

"I'm proud of you beta but know that I never wanted to marry you off this way but if it's written this way then be it and also you won't be disappointed with my decision". Amir said keeping a hand on her head as if reassuring her that everything is going to be alright, very very soon.

💝