Silence

Chapter 18

__________________________

Silence is the only thing Ridhaan recieves from Alishba everytime he go home.

Not that he is angry about it because he knew that he deserves it after all the cruel words he had told her.

He wonders why she is still in his home doing all the duties of a wife without a second thought.

Everytime he tries to rectify his mistake, Alishba would find some excuse or the other to escape the conversation over the most dreadful event of her life.

She never thought she would get a husband who will question her character. As she said, she will never forgive him for such a remark about her.

She can't tell Amir about the problem she is facing because she don't want to be the reason behind his stress.

What Seema did has exhausted him mentally and physically. She didn't wanted to burden him over her matter too.

She always meet him with a happy face in order to not worry him more. But she knew her matter is going to be disclosed any way and for that she needed to be prepared.

A call through the landline broke her chain of thoughts. Alishba recieved the call on next ring. "Hello". She heard Ridhaan's impatient voice at the other end.

Nevertheless, she said, "Hello?".

"I'm actually in an urgent meeting. I just forgot my red file at home. Could you please send it with driver ?". Ridhaan said hopefully although he knew she will never say no to help him out.

"Sure". Alishba said in a heartbeat.

"Thank you Alishba".

"It's okay". He heard her say. He longed to hear her voice from past one month but what he got in return is unending silence. Now that she has talked to him, a hope ignited in his dead heart. He thought may be she can make it alive again.

"Alishba, wait before you disconnect the call". Ridhaan said quickly.

When he recieve her silence again, taking it as a yes, he thought to pour his heart out, "I know I'm being selfish here but can you just forget that day and whatever I told you?".

After good 5 minutes, with her ragged breathe, she said, "I'm used to such things".

"What does that mean ?". Ridhaan frowned on her statement.

"You won't understand". Saying Alishba disconnected the call gulping down her tears meanwhile.

All her life, Rima's cruel and harsh words have always bruised her mind and her heart from the childhood. But when she met Asma, she thought she got back her mother. She indeed has made her daughter and not a daughter-in-law. But just like they say, expensive things come with a heavy price and she feels that heavy price is to tolerate Ridhaan. And she is ready to do anything for a mother like Asma in exchange of her intolerant, arrogant and blunt son. She doesn't want to lose her mother again.

At the other side, Ridhaan couldn't understand what Alishba said a while ago. Her single statement left him with curiosity and restlessness.