Together

Chapter 8

--------------------------------------------

In no time, Alishba was dolled up like a princess. She couldn't believe that she can look so good. When Alishba walked down the aisle with her sister, Rihana, all the eyes were fixed on her. Some even commented of how beautiful the bride looked. One of the comments that made Alishba skip a heartbeat was of, 'how lucky Ridhaan is!. He indeed got a diamond'.

Although there were whispers of people in the wedding venue of why it's taking so long for the nikah to take place but once the bride stepped out, everybody got attracted to her forgetting about the delay in the marriage.

At the other side, Ridhaan's state was no less. He couldn't understand why his heart is pounding so hard inside his chest like it can come out of his ribcage just by the mere glimpse of his soon-to-be bride. Although he couldn't see her clearly due to the white satin curtain divided between men and women. But he could see her walking down the aisle and finally sitting beside his mother.

This is one of those days that he can never forget in his whole life. Not because he is getting married but because he is getting married with so much drama and emotional blackmail. Although he has no expectations from this marriage and he will admit the same to Alishba. He thought she shouldn't be carrying any kind of expectations from him either.

"Bismillah kare Qazi saheb". Amir said with sadness filling his heart. He was sad for giving Alishba a sudden farewell.

The Qazi saheb started, "Alishba beti, kya 5 lakh haq mehr ke sath apko, Ridhaan Zaveri ke nikah me ana qubool hai?".

After much anticipation and a nudge from Asma, Alishba finally said, "Qubool hai!", while a few tears escaped her eyes. She couldn't believe her fate and where it has landed her but she trusted Amir's words. She knew he can never take any wrong decision for her.

When Qazi saheb repeated the same, Alishba too cooperated with him, "Qubool hai!".

For some unknown reasons, Ridhaan couldn't believe his own heart. He kept a hand near his heart trying to calm it down. Its pounding so hard that he was scared of getting caught as Amir was sitting exactly beside him.

"All okay brother ?". Rishan asked his brother when he found him lost to which Ridhaan just nodded.

"Mubarak ho!". The Qazi saheb exclaimed.

Amir stood up to hug his son-in-law. Ridhaan was speechless when he found Amir teary eyed, "Alishba is my precious jewel that  I'm finally giving it to you. Please take her utmost care. She is very naive and doesn't understand the wordly affairs. She gets scared over petty things. Don't mind it beta because she is very good at heart. Once you start understanding her heart, you won't have any complaints". Amir finished wiping his own tears.

While on the other side, Asma hugged his newly wedded daughter in law. "Welcome to the family". She smiled.

Alishba gave a small smile, "Jazakallahu khairan, aunty!".

"Call me, Ammi!". Asma suggested with a smile.

Alishba's smile drops which didn't go unnoticed by Asma, "What happened beta ?". Asma cupped her cheeks.

"Nothing! It's just that I have never addressed anybody as Ammi in a long time". Alishba said genuinely.

"From now onwards, we are no like a typical mother-in-law and daughter-in-law. We are a family. And you're my daughter and I will be happy if you call me 'Ammi' just like Ridhaan does". Asma smiled wholeheartedly.

"Yes Ammi". Alishba pronounced the word after almost a decade. She felt complete as if something was missing in her and now it has got its meaning.

She cant believe that she got a mother that she was longing for, all her life.

💝