Rain

Chapter 19

_________________________

The rain was pouring heavily like it had no end. Alishba couldn't find a transport back home easily. Half an hour later, she was able to find a cab which wasn't occupied. It was 9 at night when she finally reached home safely.

She saw their security guard, deep in sleep. She wondered how he can sleep while the sky poured heavily, drizzling sound all over, thundering non stop.

Rainy season always bring her back the memories when she was 5, when she lost her dear ones. But throughout the years, she has taught herself to be strong because what had to happen, will happen anyhow but sometimes it aches that it was one of those rainy days, when she lost her parents.

Gathering enough courage, not disturbing their security guard, she stepped ahead to see the main door locked. Realisation hit her that Asma wasn't home and she probably be staying at her sister's house tonight.

Alishba quickly dialled Asma's number which was not reachable. She dialled Rishan's number and unfortunately, he didn't pick it up.

Sweat beads started to form on her forehead as slowly fear started engulfing her. It's been quite a while since she had her last panic attack but today she feels like its coming back.

Suddenly she thought of Ridhaan.  She could see a ray of hope. While she was searching for his number, she stopped abruptly.

"Don't you dare call me again for these unimportant things".  Ridhaan's voice boomed in her mind making her stop abruptly to call him.

Her hands and legs tuned cold. A loud thunder made its way through their glass door making it break into pieces. She could see the lightening striking, sound and clear. She has never witnessed such a horrible experience. An uncontrollable tears poured from her eyes because she was too scared, too scared to even ask for help. She hated to be helpless at the moment. But she needed to make some movement.

When a movement caught her attention from the basement, she realised it was their security guard. Before she could call him, he was already out of the mansion in order to save his life.

She wondered if she could be saved tonight ?

Alishba felt helpless. She knelt down and supported herself to sit beside their main door, hugging her knees. Another thunder hit the ground making her lose her consciousness.

In the office, Ridhaan felt uneasy. His conscience warned him that something was wrong. Before he could pack his stuff to go home, his cellphone ringed.

"Assalamualaikm ammi!". Ridhaan greeted.

"Walaikumassalam. Where are you right now?". Asma asked worriedly.

"I'm at office obviously. Why ?".

"Beta! I actually forgot to give duplicate keys of the mansion to Alishba. She had went to her home in the morning as I was at Fara's place along with Rishan". Asma replied panicking.

"Ammi! Calm down. She must be at her place".

"I called Amir but he said, she had left in the afternoon without informing anybody there. Also it's raining heavily outside". Asma said now crying.

"Ammi! Did you call her ?".

"I got her calls multiple times a 15 minutes ago. I was busy in giving Fara's medicines and making sure she is fed properly. But now when I called her back, it's switched off". Asma deadpanned.

"But where did she go after leaving Amir uncle's residence?". Ridhaan asked while his heartbeat raced thinking of all the possibilities.

"I have no idea. Ridhaan please bring her back to me, safe and sound. Please I beg you!". Asma cried.

"You don't have to beg for it Ammi. She is my wife. I will find here anyhow". Ridhaan said determined and left office after collecting his stuffs.

He was glad for the rain subsided a little bit. The first place, he thought of searching was the Zaveri residence,

He reached his home in no time breaking all the trafic rules. He knew Alishba was in danger. Somehow his conscience assured him.

The security guard was nowhere to be found. He fisted his wrist into a ball making a note to fire him the next day.

He could see some of the glass pieces scattered. Adrenaline rushed to him when he found her phone completely broken. His eyes roamed everywhere to finally see her lying unconscious near their main door.

If life could kill a person by just a one horrible moment then it was surely one for Ridhaan.

***