Two Friends

São Paulo, Brazil

Unknown Household

March 6, 2005

In the suburbs of the city of São Paulo, a young boy ran up to a home in tears

In the suburbs of the city of São Paulo, a young boy ran up to a home in tears. The boy had brown hair and hazel eyes. He wore a blue puffy zip up jacket, a pair of blue pants, and black and white shoes.

He opened the front door and ran inside and slammed the door behind him. The boy sprints into his room and slams the door behind him. He jumped face first onto the bed and began to cry uncontrollably. A few minutes later the door opens and a woman walks in, seeing the sobbing boy.

The woman had Hazel eyes and long black hair. She wore a tan turtle collared sweater and blue jeans.

"Sweety, are you okay?" the woman asked.

"Th-the... o-ther kids at sch-ool... they stole m-my lunch... Th-ey all p-push m-me... and k-kick me. A-and c-all me a weirdo..." the boy sobbed.

The mother walked over and sat on the bed next to her young son and began stroking her son's back.

"M-mom... Why d-do the... o-other k-k-kids make f-un of m-me...?" the boy asked.

"They probably just don't understand how special you are. There are people out there like you that are always picked on and that never stopped them from doing the stuff that they want to do," the mother answered.

The boy flips over and sits up to face his mother as he stops crying. The mother grabs the boy and sets him on her lap and embraces him into a comforting hug.

"Mom, when will the other kids stop teasing me?" the boy asked.

"It may not be today. It may not be tomorrow. But one day, they will see how wrong they are and appreciate you for who you are," the mother answered.

"Do you really think so?" the son asked.

"I promise," the mother answered.

The boy hugs his mom as she kisses him on the head.

"I love you, mommy," the boy said.

The mother soothingly rubbed her son's back for a moment before speaking.

"I love you, my little Alexander Watson."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 9, 2020

Fifteen years had passed and walking out of the same room was the boy who was now older. His undercut hair had been dyed green up top and blue on the sides. He's wearing a pair of dark blue jeans, a pair of black sneakers, a blue shirt and a brown zip-up hoodie.

 He's wearing a pair of dark blue jeans, a pair of black sneakers, a blue shirt and a brown zip-up hoodie