Stroll Through the Park

Cantareira State Park

June 25, 2020

It was dark in Watson's room as the latter was in his bed asleep. The door opens and walking in comes Qrow with a backpack on him. He walks over to Watson as he is in his bed still sleeping.

"Wake up, kid," Qrow said.

Watson didn't respond and was still asleep.

"Come on, we haven't got all day," Qrow said.

Still no response from Watson.

"Okay, kid you asked for it," Qrow said.

He tucks his hands underneath Watson's back and rolls him off the bed, waking him up. Watson looks up at Qrow, barely able to see him because of how dark it is and that he just woke up.

"What the hell?! What is your problem?!" Watson asked.

"Time for you to wake up. I'm taking you somewhere to start your training," Qrow said.

"How did you even get into my house?" Watson asked.

"I picked the lock," Qrow answered.

"Whatever. Just open the curtains," Watson said, looking annoyed.

Qrow walks over to the window and opens the curtains. When the curtains were opened it was still dark, much to Watson's surprise.

"What the...?! What time is it?!" Watson asked.

"It's four in the morning," Qrow answered.

"Four in th... Way that early?!" Watson asked as he was starting to get angry.

"Because it's to help you get used to waking up at unexpected times incase of a Grimm attack," Qrow explained.

"Did you do this to Yang and Ruby when you were training them?" Watson asked.

"Nope," Qrow bluntly said.

"What the fu-" Watson gets cut off by the veteran Huntsman.

"First off, they didn't wake up early like this when they were younger. Second, I was a teacher at Signal Academy as they got in when they got a little older and it was easier for me to train them from that point on. And thirdly, their father was also there to train them too. So since you're starting your training at a late age, your training is gonna be a lot different," Qrow explained.

"If you say so," Watson said.

"Now get yourself ready. The sooner the better," Qrow said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cantareira State Park

A half an hour later, Qrow and Watson had been taken all the way up to the Cantareira State Park by an uber driver. They then wandered into the park for a good spot to start Watson's training as Qrow carried a flashlight. Eventually, they found a good open area for Watson to begin his training.

"Right here's a good spot," Qrow said as he turned off the flashlight.

Watson was barely able to see Qrow standing right in front of him.

"So why are you training me in the dark?" Watson asked.

"Right now we need to work on your extrasensory perception," Qrow answered.

"My what?" Watson asked.

"Exercising your senses," Qrow answered. "I want you to defend yourself while I attack you. And this environment around you will make it a little difficult for you to find me."