Date

Ibirapuera Park

June 19, 2020

The next day at the park, Watson was at the edge of the bridge where he met up with Lucas a few days ago, waiting for Yara to arrive. He leaned against the edge, staring down at the river below.

"Watson!" a familiar voice called to him.

Watson turned to see Yara at one side of the bridge, waving at him. He then walks down the bridge towards Yara.

"Yara, you've made it," Watson said.

"Well, I had to be a little on guard after yesterday," Yara said.

"Yeah, that's true. So where do you want to go?" Watson asked.

"I guess we could just walk around the park a bit," Yara answered.

"As you wish," Watson said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes have passed as Watson and Yara strolled through the park. Both Watson and Yara were nervous, but tried not to show it since neither of them had spoken since they started walking.

"Come on, Alexander! Say something! Don't leave her hanging!" Watson thought to himself.

"So... you're a knife collector, huh?" he asked.

"Yeah, it's a little hobby I have. And I taught myself to do tricks with them," Yara answered.

"And you weren't even a little concerned that you gave a couple of them to me?" Watson asked.

"Don't worry. I've got extras. I've collected so many knives that my dad would sometimes call me 'Little Blader'," Yara replied.

"Cute and badass at the same time," Watson said.

"And like I said before, I wanted to thank you for rescuing me yesterday." Yara said.

"And again, you're welcome," Watson said with a chuckle.

"Is this your first time dating someone?" Yara asked.

"Yes...?" Watson answered with hesitation.

"Don't be embarrassed about it. Everyone gets nervous about their first date. And I'm not gonna lie, this is my first time dating and I am nervous about it," Yara said.

"But I've always thought you have dated before. With how popular you are back at school. Heck, there were even a few others that claimed you dated them," Watson said.

"People like them will try to say stuff like that to gain attention to themselves. This is seriously my first time dating someone," Yara explained.

"Oh, so she's like Pyrrha, to an extent," Watson thought.

"I've always had people follow me around a lot back at school. They would just see me as a hot piece of ass or eye candy instead of... well me," Yara said.

"At least it's better than being picked on for most of your life. I would always get daily beatings, fall victim to pranks, or get falsely accused of stuff that I haven't done. And the teachers were no help either. They'd either treat it as kids being kids, turn a blind eye, or in some cases give me detention," Watson explained.

Yara stopped walking as Watson then stopped as well. She took a moment to process this information before she spoke.

"I've always wondered why you were so distant with everyone. I've wanted to see why that is, but I would always get pointed to another direction or something unexpected would come up for me," Yara said.