Explanations

Civil Police of the State of São Paulo

Interrogation Room

At the São Paulo Civil Police Station, an hour after Watson's attempt to rescue Yara, the two were sitting at the table as the detective stood across from them with a police officer standing in the corner.

"This is the second time you were brought in here Mr. Watson. But unlike last time, this time you claimed that you killed someone," the detective said.

"But did mention that the man he killed and another had kidnapped me," Yara said.

"Yes, that was mentioned," the detective said.

"They tried to kill him when he tried to rescue me and he acted in self defense," Yara said.

"When we came into the building to investigate, the room you guys were in was totaled. Strong signs of struggle," the detective said before turning his attention towards Watson. "You said you fought the two perpetrators yourself, and judging by the damage in that room, you would have sustained some bruises and/or broken bones. So how come I'm not seeing a single scratch on you?"

"I guess I was just lucky? I'm not sure," Watson lied.

"Well the guy you killed was wanted for drug trafficking, murder, and rape. And since evidence proved that you acted in self defense, I'll let you off the hook. As for the other guy however, he'd gotten away before we could find him," the detective said. "We also have reason that Augusto Silva may have something to do with this."

"Are you sure?" Yara asked.

"It's possible. The timing and your involvement is too much of a coincidence," the detective answered.

"So what are you gonna do then?" Watson asked.

"We have two options. Continue to find Silva and eventually book him, or we can put you both under witness protection," the detective answered.

Watson and Yara both gained stunned looks upon hearing the second option.

"Judging by your reactions, I'd say that's a no on that," the detective said.

"I have friends and a life. I can't just up go and hide with a different identity," Yara said.

"I'd rather not. My dad's already worried enough as it is," Watson said.

"Alright. You can go then," the detective said.

Watson and Yara stood from their seats and made their exit out the door. The police officer turned his attention towards the detective.

"What are you thinking? Unlocked Aura?" the officer asked.

"From the sound of it, yes. Besides, there are similar reports of people having their so-called aura unlocked all over the world," the detective answered.

"Then what do we do now?" the officer asked.

"I've already reported this to some high ups outside our borders. They're sending someone over to keep an eye on the boy before they can decide what to do with him. He should be here in a couple days," the detective explained.

Meanwhile outside the police station, Watson and Yara had just walked out of the building and were now walking down the sidewalk.

"So Watson, how did you... you know...back at the apartment building?" Yara asked.

"This is gonna sound hard to believe but... I somehow unlocked my aura," Watson explained.

"You mean like in that RWBY web show?" Yara asked.