WWC 2019 - Celebration

"Well, well, well," I drawled, settling onto the edge of the pool beside Kelley and Alex, "you've done it again. Another World Cup victory. Aren't you tired of winning?"

Kelley smirked, her eyes gleaming with mischief. "Let me think... Nope!"

Alex chuckled, reaching over to ruffle my hair. "Remember this, kiddo. Never get tired of winning. Even the smallest victory is worth celebrating."

Just then, Ashlyn's voice boomed through the speakers, interrupting our conversation. "Okay, ladies, it's time to PARTY!"

Music filled the air, the poolside transforming into a dance floor. Even though I wasn't technically American, I joined the celebration with gusto. These women were my family now, and besides, who could resist free drinks and a night of dancing?

—————

A few days had passed since the whirlwind of the World Cup final. The sting of defeat still lingered, but I was slowly coming to terms with it, focusing on the incredible experience I'd had and the opportunities that lay ahead.

Now, I sat across from my agent, a sense of anticipation buzzing in the air.

"Hey, Madison, please have a seat," he greeted me, gesturing to the chair opposite him. "Firstly, I want to congratulate you in person on your World Cup performance. You played exceptionally well."

"Thank you," I replied, a hint of wistfulness in my voice. "But I wish I could've brought the trophy home."

He nodded understandingly. "Losing is part of the game," he said. "But sometimes, you gain something even more valuable than a trophy." He paused, a smile spreading across his face. "I've received several contract offers for you."

My eyes widened in surprise. "Really?"

"Indeed. You may not have won the World Cup, but you definitely won something else: recognition." His smile grew wider. "So, are you ready to hear who's interested?"

"Absolutely!"

He began listing the clubs: Arsenal, Orlando Pride, Washington Spirit, PSG, and Wolfsburg. My head spun. These were some of the biggest names in women's soccer.

Wolfsburg was a powerhouse in Europe, Orlando was where Alex played... the thought of teaming up with her was tempting. Or maybe Washington, where I could reunite with Mal and share an apartment. But then again, could I handle Mal's constant energy 24/7?

Arsenal... I'd always been a Chelsea fan at heart, but signing with Arsenal would mean moving to England, Lydia's homeland. It felt like a way to connect with her memory, to honor her legacy.

And finally, there was PSG, the club where my journey had begun. Returning to Paris felt like coming full circle, a chance to give back to the city that had nurtured my love for the game.

"You don't have to decide right now," my agent assured me, sensing my internal struggle. "Take a few days to talk it over with your family and get back to me."

I thanked him and left his office, my mind buzzing with possibilities. This was a monumental decision, one that would shape my future. I needed to weigh my options carefully, considering not only my career aspirations but also the needs of my heart.

—————
HELLOO, 

So which club do you think Madi will choose ?