Why Lydia ?

"Sorry, kiddo... I can't."

"Why?" Madison's voice cracked. "I know you have your life here, but you always said you wanted to do something different. This is your chance!"

Rory and his assistant discreetly gave them space.

"Madi, I have to tell you something," Lydia began, her voice trembling slightly. "Please don't be mad at me. I didn't know how to tell you..."

Madison cut her off, a wave of anger rising within her. "Just spit it out!" she snapped, punching the wall beside her. The force of the impact made her knuckles ache, but she barely noticed.

"Okay, okay! But for God's sake, calm down!" Lydia said, her voice firm.

"It's Madison," Madison corrected her, "only people who actually care about me can call me that." Her words dripped with venom, the anger bubbling over.

"Oh my God, Madi, shut up! You know I care about you! I've always considered you my little sister. Now will you let me explain?"

The sting of Lydia's words hit Madison like a slap. Little sister. The words echoed in her mind, a painful reminder of the family she never had. She sat down heavily, her anger simmering into a dull ache. She looked at the ground, her heart heavy with hurt. How could Lydia do this to her?

Lydia continued, her voice softer now, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. David and I... we're moving to England. For his job."

Madison's head shot up. "Then take me with you! I can't lose you too, Lydia." Tears welled up in her eyes, blurring her vision.

Lydia's own tears started to flow. "Oh, Madi, I wish I could. But I can't. I'm your social worker, and even if I wasn't, I couldn't give you the family life you deserve."

"Why?" Madison's voice was barely a whisper.

"Because David and I are young, and we're both very busy with our careers. And because Rory just gave you the opportunity of a lifetime."

"Yeah, but I need someone to go with me," Madison cried. "Otherwise, I can kiss America goodbye. It sucks not having a family." She buried her face in her hands, sobbing uncontrollably.

"Shh, shh," Lydia comforted her, pulling her into a hug. "We'll find someone to go with you, I promise. And just because I'm moving doesn't mean I'm abandoning you. I've always been there for you, and I always will be."

Lydia's words offered little comfort. Madison felt like she was drowning, the weight of her loneliness crushing her.

Once she was calmer, they returned to the foster home. Rory had given them until July to make a decision, but Madison couldn't shake the feeling that her dream was slipping away. Who would want to uproot their life and move across the ocean for a lonely girl like her?

Two days later, Madison woke up to the sound of singing. It was her birthday, a day she dreaded.

"Happy birthday, Madison!" Angie and Gabriel, two of the younger kids, sang off-key.

"Ugh, get out of here!" Madison groaned, throwing a pillow at them.

After they left, she got ready for the day, not bothering to put on anything special. It was just another Saturday, another reminder that she was alone.

Everyone gathered in the kitchen for cake, but Madison couldn't muster any enthusiasm. As soon as she finished her slice, she retreated to her room.

A knock on the door interrupted her music.

"Come in!" she called out.

Lydia entered, a wide smile on her face.

"Okay, you're making me nervous," Madison said, eyeing her suspiciously.

"I have a surprise for you!" Lydia announced.

"Lydia, you know I hate surprises, especially on my birthday," Madison said, rolling her eyes.

"I know, I know, but consider this a forgiveness gift for leaving you." Lydia handed her an envelope.

Madison's curiosity got the better of her. She opened the envelope and gasped. Inside were two tickets to the Women's Champions League final in Cardiff.

"Oh my god, Lydia... you shouldn't have," Madison said, stunned.

"I wanted to. Now you can't say I don't care about you."

Madison hugged Lydia tightly, feeling a flicker of hope ignite within her. Maybe things weren't as hopeless as they seemed.

YOUHOU ! The Third chapter !! I hope you liked it ! 

What's gonna happen to Madison now ? Is she going to find someone who will take care of her in USA ?