Abuela's Angry and Isabela Lies

"Where have you all been." Scolded Abuela, glaring at the children who were out that afternoon. "Abuela I'm sorry, it was my idea." Said Mirabel, making her cousins look at her shocked.

"Mirabel..." Said Abuela, a disappointed tone evident. "Abuela, don't listen to her it was my idea." Said Camilo, stepping forward. "Camilo, I appreciate you lying to try and defend Mirabel, but she already said it was her idea."

"You don't get it! She's lying to protect me because she doesn't want you getting angry at me. I made sure we didn't have any chores today so we could have a day to relax, away from responsibilities. Mirabel's just looking out for me. It was my fault, why don't you understand that?" Ranted Camilo, making Casita shake a bit but no one noticed. Abuela stood there, shocked.

Camilo looked up. "Abuela, I'm sorry." He said, realizing what he did. You never talked to elders like that. "I understand." Abuela said quietly before walking away. The ones who witnesses Camilo talk back to her all flocked over. None of them were the adults, thank God.

"Oh my god. I can't believe you did that for me." Said Mirabel, hugging Camilo tightly. "You didn't deserve the scolding, Mira. It's only right." Said Camilo, hugging her back just as tight. "Abuela's definitely coming back with a slipper." Joked Dolores, making the children chuckle.

"Why'd you burst like that anyway?" Asked Luisa, still a bit surprised from Camilo's outburst. "Like I said, Mirabel didn't deserve the disappointment that was clearly coming her way." He said, slinging an arm over Mirabel's shoulder.

"He's not wrong, y'know." Said Antonio, getting back on his jaguar. "What? I'm not lying." Asked Antonio, noticing the weird looks his siblings and cousins gave him. "It's just weird." Said Mirabel all of a sudden, making her family look at her.

"What's weird?" Asked Dolores. "Out of nowhere, you guys just, payed attention to me." Said Mirabel, her eyes starting to water, making Camilo hug her a bit tighter. "Well, we're paying attention now and that's what matters." Said Isabela, patting her sister's head. "It's weird seeing you be affectionate." Said Mirabel, laughing and wiping her eyes.

"Hey! I was affectionate when you were a little kid. I remember the amount of flower crowns I made you whenever you would play Princesa y Principe with Camilo over here." She said, ruffling Camilo's hair. "Yeah, I don't believe that." Said Mirabel, making the Madrigal children chuckle.

"Well, I'm gonna go to my room and hope that I don't get hit in the head from a zapatilla by Abuela." Said Camilo, heading up to his room. "See ya Cami!" Said Mirabel, watching him head up the stairs.

The rest of the cousins had idle chatter before Mirabel asked something to Isabela. "How're you and Mariano by the way?" Isabela's whole mood darkened but she just put on a smile. "Perfect as always. He's been taking me on a lot of dates." She said, glancing at Dolores.

"Well, if you're not happy being with him then it's pointless." Said Mirabel, adjusting her glasses. "Mirabel's right." Said Antonio, petting his jaguar. "Yeah, if you're not happy being with him, you should tell Abuela." Said Luisa, putting a hand on Isabela's shoulder.

Isabela smiled, a genuine one this time. "Thank you." She then walked off to the town, probably to meet up with Mariano. "Well, I'm going to the barn. They need help moving all the hay onto the donkey carts." Said Luisa, heading to the town as well, but at a much slower pace than Isabela.

"Don't work yourself too hard Luisa!" Yelled Mirabel after her, Luisa putting up her hand and giving her a thumbs up. Dolores then pulled Mirabel aside, gesturing for Antonio to follow.

"I keep getting pulled aside today. What?" Said Mirabel, a bit irritated from all the pulling on her arm. "Sorry. I just had to tell you something." Said Dolores, whispering.