Chapter Eight

Carmen's Pov
Alright relax C you can do this, it's not the end of the world. all you gotta do is get the bass and the band has the other instrumental. I oddly felt restless and like I was gonna have a mini freak out sooner than I wanted.

Aside from life, my very smart self also decided that during the middle of the god damn tour to write a whole album with fifteen songs on it. Writing the songs wasn't the hardest part.

I had that already down, since I had learned what my inspiration was a month in and half ago. Blue was gonna be a beautiful album.

I just wasn't solely thinking back that as well as playing different concerts, we would have to do all these prerecordings. After each concert with Andy and all of them I went straight to the nearest recording booth, the others joining me occasional but it seemed my tenth song was what was gonna be my downfall. I wasn't so sure if ocean was a romance song or just a song of longing.

"Earth to Carmen you hear us!" I jolted back so far away from the inner monologues of a mad woman feeling about a dozen eyes peering at me some curious, some also startled by the loudness that was CC screaming my name.

"Huh? Sorry I was zoned out CC whats up?"  We all usually stayed behind to help clear up the venue with staff.

"We are all going out for pizza and beers, will the fearless leader be joining us." Jake joked to me flashing a soft smile my way.

"Yeah oh fearless leader it's been forever since you've kicked back and relaxed." Scarlet grinned at me ruffling up my wild curly hair. I breathed out a quite chuckle, exhaling stuffing my hands into my back pockets for a moment.

"Though I would love nothing more, I gotta do some things tonight. Maybe I'll join later." I smiled at everyone hoping no one could sense the sleepy expression seeing Lola waving me over to one of the vans, exclaiming angrily into her phone, I yanked my hands out to wave goodbye to everyone quickly jogging to slip into the passenger seat letting the exhaustion now show just before the door closed catching wind of Andy speaking.

"You guys go on ahead really quick. Gotta make a phone call."

The door slide shut the drivers starting the van up Lola speaking to me from where she sat in the back. "You ready Carmen? You got until 4 am then they are closing the studio." I pressed my fist under my chin nodding though she couldn't see it bouncing my knee roughly.

"I just need six hours I think."

___________________________
The last sound of the rough riff echoed around the booth, but an annoyed exclaimed left my lips fast backing away from the mic frustration was every where. I said I could do this in six hours but my voice isn't reaching tones I knew it could. I yanked my booth headphones around my neck harshly, sighing quietly holding my guitar pick for just a moment I gripped it between my teeth, letting my eyes scan the lyrics once last time.

You drown me in your ocean, you let these currents in just to let them fall and crash all over me. I read it over and over in my mind.

"Carmen you need to take a break. Even I can tell you are straining your voice there's no rush on this album you know this we have ten songs down only five more alright? Don't lose your voice over one hard night." Our music production manager Josh was always so understanding and said the best things to help you.

"I know.. I just don't know what I was thinking starting a new album in the middle of the tour." He breathed out a light chuckle messing around with his soundboard once more.

"Just means for more new interviews and songs to play with Andy and the guys. Will try the last verse once more and then go back to the hotel and rest even I can see the bags under your eyes." I huffed out a small complaint but I yanked the pick away from my lips putting my fingers and hands right back in position, strumming a few cords quickly before I could hear the normal back track, I just let my mind drift for a moment remembering just the last lyrics and I was sure I had gotten it till my voice had cracked.

"Ugh damn it!" I shouted loudly yanking the headphones away one last time. I yanked them a bit to hard causing them to crash onto the floor, letting my guitar loosely hang on my body covering my eyes with my hands taking deep breaths in.

Calm down its alright I just kept repeating those words over and over ignoring the sting of frustration of tears feeling my body shaking a few times. I heard a lot of shuffling around and hushed voices before I heard the door lock click signaling someone had left. I heard heavy footsteps nearing me inside the crowded like booth feeling bigger hands had gently grabbed at my hands.

"Hey Carmen look at me yeah sweetie?" I fluttered my eyes to peer my eyes up at Andy who flashed me a soft sad like smile, watching him help take the guitar off me setting it aside to rest on the wall.

"Lets take a break alright? Come on let's get you back to the hotel." I lifted up one of my free hands to roughly get rid of any tears that I could feeling his long arm wrap around my waist urging me to walk along side him out the booth.

"Okay." I meekly replied trying not to look him in the eyes feeling him still holding my body close to his side shutting off the lights to the studio not another single word was said just a simple silence.