Chapter One

Carmen's Pov
I wasn't too sure why I was beyond nervous today. We have had a lot of fan meets before at a ton of hot topics before. But I guess the feeling never truly goes away.

I flicked my eyes between me listening to JD and Daniela having a heated discussion about something along the lines of food.

I wasn't too sure. I always let them have their debates cause it is driven by sexual tension. I shook my head amused, glancing across the table.

Scarlet was lost in her own thoughts air-drumming across the table as she mumbled things to herself eyes shut tightly, and then that just left Logan who I believe was passed out sleep with his head on the table snoring away.

My friends were something else, but they made Dark Phoenix what it was today. I paused the youtube video I was watching on my phone because sometimes, just sometimes it helped my nerves to watch the man who inspired me to create my own band helped me.

I made Dark Phoenix when I was nineteen now twenty-four. Five years with this amazing band and I still haven't met Andy Biersack.

Lord knows I would have the biggest fangirl attack. I shoved my phone into my jeans pocket watching our Manager Lola come over speaking on the phone loudly.

"Alright guys the fan meet is happening in fifteen minutes, I know you guys are tired from last night's concert but it's a larger crowd this time." She informed us tossing her red hair over her shoulder.

  She quickly smacked Logan on the head waking him up quickly he groaned grumbling looking up at her. "Thanks, mom." He joked making her roll her eyes amused.

"Shut up Logan. " She called out and suddenly the nervous feeling stayed.

I licked my lower lip rubbing my nose slightly touching my nose ring. "How many people are there," I asked chewing at my lip. Lola flashed me a soft smile as she patted my shoulder.  "Over 500." She said and I wasn't the only one who gasped. Everyone was in shock. "Well fuck let's hope I don't pass out."

"Logan!"

"What I'm just saying!"

_________________________
Lola was indeed right as soon as the large hot topic store was opened up and closed for the fan meeting it was pouring with people, all kinds of fans all around, it amazed me that we had this large of a fanbase. That our music was able to touch everyone in a small way with lyrics.

Of course, there were stereotypes, some thought we didn't fit the term rock band, because I didn't always wear black, sometimes I wore bright colors. Or how sometimes not in every song I was able to roar loudly but not always.

Music is music. I popped open the marker holding the cap between my teeth smiling a little at the young girl who was in her early teens squeaking at me.

"Carmen you are so amazing and are my biggest inspiration, it amazes me." She giggled I smiled at her brushing my dyed light purple curls away started to write her name on the poster.

One of my favorites concepts was giving us Phoenix wings. "Well thank you I'm glad I can be your inspiration." I smiled at her making her giggle more.

"Tell me how does such a loud scream come from such a short girl?" She joked at me. JD let a small laugh out glancing at me as he nudges me.

"Well that's easy I-" He didn't get to finish cause I nudged him hard in the rib knowing he was gonna do a dirty joke, it was what he was known for.

"Ow!" He yelped whining. I breathed a soft laugh out focusing back on the girl, "Well what I usually say, it's never the size that matters it's the-"

"The loudest scream can come from the shortest person." A voice suddenly said from next to her and suddenly there were even louder screams then there was already.

My eyes suddenly went wide and gasped Scarlet let a surprised laugh out keeping her cool very fast, while Daniela was gasping happily. "Oh my gosh, you're Andy Biersack!" I found myself exclaiming loudly in amazement watching as he flashed me a smile tugging his hair back a little his blue eyes meeting mine.

"Oh my god, you're Carmen Fox!" He exclaimed back to me looking at me with just as much happiness as me

"Oh my god, he knows my name, Logan. " I squeaked quickly shaking him by his arms. The smile wasn't gonna stop leaving my face. I felt like I was glowing. I was awestruck cause he indeed was taller then I imagined.

He chuckled, "I do know you yes, the lead singer of Dark Phoenix, one of my favorite bands." He slides a CD toward me looking between everyone.

"I've waited a while to actually meet you, your guy's concerts get sold out pretty quick and fan meets. " He chuckled.

"You tell me now? Do you know how hard it is to get tickets to one of your concerts? Even Black Veil Brides." Daniela giggled amazed. Andy flashed her another smile before focusing on me.

"I think I may pass out. " I laughed holding my temple fast causing loud laughter from everyone at the table, and it made me feel happy cause I had just made Andy Biersack laugh. The one and only laugh. It must be my lucky day.