Chapter Five

Carmen's Pov
The next morning, I felt like I was almost high in a dead headspace. But it felt nice to have a large teddy bear in bed with me helping lull me to sleep. Sadly every one had to be up super early for rehearsal, which meant we were rushing to the venue to see just how large the crowd was gonna be.

"Oh wow." I whispered quietly to myself my hands stuffed in my hoodie pockets looking around the empty concert space on the large space, my vans making slight contact with the hard space. "Its big isn't it?" I spun my head around to look at Ashley who was messing around with his guitar sitting on the edge of the stage.

"It really is, we've played some big venues but not this big." I breathed out a small playful smile spreading across my mouth "You know what else is big?" Even with how far JD was on the stage everyone who was tuning their instruments could hear him.

"Shut up JD!" We all exclaimed that just made him laugh loudly with CC. I cracked another smile focusing out on the empty crowd that later tonight would be full to the max.

I shut my eyes so I could imagine it to the best of my ability before there was a  small tug on my hand making me reopen my eyes I looked straight into Andy's eyes seeing him putting a finger to his lips for me to be silent.

"Here come on I gotta show you something." He whispered looking around I stared at him in confusion "What about Lola?" I whispered back. Lola was literally a tiger mom when it came to concerts.

"Shes on the phone come in it will be fun." He pouted and I knew I couldn't say no. So here I was following after Andy who was leading through the backstage venue before we were heading in the back. 

He held open the black metal doors with a grin, letting me dunk under his arms landing on the steps, and I couldn't help but breath out a soft laugh when Andy wiggled his eyebrows looking at me amused.

"It won't hurt to meet a few fans before the concert right?"

_____________________________
Quite a few autographs later and photos me and Andy sat on the steps chatting with the few girls and guys that were around "Andy you and Carmen look so cute together." I quickly choked on my spit breathing out a soft laugh seeing Andy's face twist in amusement and look at me casually placing his arm my shoulder over my large hoodie.

"We do look cute together don't we? Don't tell Juliet." Andy laughed casually pulling me close to him. His smell was so close to me and my heart was pumping.

"Yeah just two good friends." I joked digging in my pocket for a quick stress cigarette, I had it just hanging from my lips before Andy was plucking it from my lips putting it back in his pocket before he was poking my nose.

"No smoking little one." He mumbled before he turned his attention to the fans talking with them. What the hell was it about that name little one? I never had been called that before. I violently shook my head before I also started chatting casually not wanting to think to much about it bouncing my knee up and down.

Until in the ear piece I heard a very angry Lola. "Where the hell is Andy and Carmen?" I quickly nudged Andy who jolted a loud whine leaving him "We are in trouble Lola is looking for us." A low hiss left him "damn it." He muttered out before he flashed every one a gentle smile.

"I'm sorry guys it looks like duty calls for us, but I really hope you guys enjoy the concert tonight." Andy was giving out lots of hugs and little hand holds , and I did the same smiling. Before we both slipped inside I listened to one of the girls last few words.

"Carmen... I think Andy likes you, he couldn't keep his eyes off you the whole time. It looks like Juliet might have to watch out." I felt my eyes grow wide in a state of surprise before I was being tugged inside by a very urgent and bouncy Andy who wasn't letting my hand go. That can't possibly be true.. Can it? No that's just crazy.

I laughed it off quietly in my head. Andy is just being a good mentor and friend looking out for me. But then that sudden speed in my heart started back up again.

"God damn it." I whispered grumbling my mood now in a ten times worse kind of drop. Now my mind won't ever be the same tonight.