chapter - 9

||y/n's pov||

it was the next day after the party. i texted kai if he wanted to hang out with me, he (obviously) said yes, saying he missed me even though it had just been a week since we last talked.

i also needed advice because i wasn't sure of my feelings about yeonjun.
do i like him?
do i just see him as a friend?
i don't know.

i met up with kai and we walked around the park. i had told him everything, breaking one of the rules in mine and yeonjuns mini contract.

"so you needed a boyfriend to bring home for christmas?"

i nodded.

"and you picked yeonjun?"

i nodded again.

"and now you think you have real feelings for him?"

i nodded again, groaning as i put my face in my hands.

"i don't know where these feelings came from, they just kinda.. appeared."

"okay. you want my honest opinion?"

"yes yes! please!"

i said as i looked at him with curiosity.

"i say you don't try to deny your feelings for him. if your feel something for him, then that means you like him. why try to hide that? love is more powerful that the brain."

i looked down to my feet as we continued to walk.

"i say go for it, i'm sure he likes you too otherwise he wouldn't have kissed you, what, twice, three times?

"i guess you're right."

"of course i am, now come on! lets go get some coffee, i know this really good cafe over the road!"

kai started walking ahead of me quite quickly, it was difficult to catch up with him.

but he's right, don't deny something you can't deny.

||yeonjun's pov||

i invited soobin, taehyun and beomgyu over to my house. i needed advice about my feelings towards y/n.

once they arrived, we took a seat in the living room and i blurted everything out to them; about how our relationship was fake, about how i may possibly like her and the times i've kissed her without knowing my feelings.

"god man, you're actually an idiot."

"not. helping. beomgyu."

he put his hands up in surrender and went back to drinking his coffee.

"i think you should just tell her."

"WHAT?!"

"i agree with taehyun. if you like her, then don't try to hide it."

soobin said as he gave me a comforting pat on the shoulder.

"but what if she doesn't like me back?"

"i stand by my previous statement, you're an idiot. if y/n didn't like you, then why would she let you kiss her? if i didn't like you but you kissed me, i would kick you where the sun don't shine."

"wow. thanks gyu."

i said sarcastically to which he gave me a proud smile.

"you're welcome!"

he was right tho, they all were.

okay, i guess i do like y/n and i'll tell her! soon, maybe new year's day!

i really hope she likes me back..

-------------------------------------------------
word count - 520

happy new year's eve everyone! i'm so excited for new years! <3

published 31st december 2021