Chapter 1

Dubai, UAE

A girl is sitting in her room...she was expressionless as she already had a feeling what was going to happen. At that moment, a woman entered and looked at the girl with a sad face.

"She....she...she's dead....hai na Daima?" The girl asked, her voice slightly breaking even though she tried her best to stay strong.

"Nandu bitiya...Im sorry." Daima apologized. The girl, Nandini nodded but still didnt cry. "Mujhe paata hai tujhe rona aa raha hai....akhir Dadi thi woh teri. Aise chup chap mat reh....roh le jee bhaar ke."

"Kya faida hai roh ke? Kya ho jayega? Daima....aapko bhi paata hai iss khaandan mein ladki banke paida hone ka kya matlab hai. Mrs Singhania ki teen teen betiyon ko paida hote hi maar diya gaya...lekin Mrs Singhania ne uff tak nahi ki. Mera bhi meri behenon ki jaise hal hota...agar Dadi ne nahi rokha hota toh. Aaj mein zinda hoon toh sirf Dadi ki vajah se. Kehne ko mera itna bada parivaar hai." Nandini let out a humorless chuckle. "Ma, Baap...do bhai...chacha Chachi....lekin mere apne sirf aap aur Dadi thi. Aur mujhe paata hai ki aap Dadi ki tarah khul ke mera saath nahi de paati hai...varna Mr Singhania kya karenge sabko paata hai."

Daima couldnt bear to see Nandini like this so she made a decision...a decision she knew would turn out bad for her but the best thing for Nandini. "Nandu....bhaag ja."

Nandini was shocked at the suggestion. "Daima..."

"Haan...bhaag ja. Maaji ne tujhe itne saalon tak zinda rakha...lekin ab jab woh nahi rahi. Yeh log ya toh tujhe maar denge...ya phir teri shaadi inke jaise mujrim gharane mein kar denge....main aisa hote hue nahi dekh sakti. Bhaag ja Nandu...Tu Dubai chodke bohot bohot door chali ja." Daima said.

"Lekin...agar maine aisa kiya toh....yeh log aapko chodenge nahi."

"Kuch nahi hoga mujhe...kuch bhi nahi hoga."

"Par-"

"Tujhe meri kasam hai." Daima took Nandini's hand and placed it on her head. "Pls...bhaag ja yahan se."

Nandini didnt want to but she finally agreed. "Thik hai daimaa...main jaungi. Par aap bhi saath chalo."

"Nahi...mujhe yahan reh ke dekhna hoga ki yeh log tujhe dhund na paaye."

Daima helped Nandini pack a bag with essential things like clothes and some money and then she went and distracted the guards while Nandini escaped from the back door.

*********************

In a different part of Dubai, there was a stage set up in a open area and thousands of people in the audience. 

"Manik! Manik!" The audience chanted, waiting for the person they came to see....Rockstar Manik Malhotra. Manik meanwhile was sitting in the backstage area with a bottle of beer in his hand and didnt look like he was going to go out anytime soon.

"Manik...what are you doing? Audience intezaar kar rahe hai." Yuvraj Shergill, Manik's manager and close friend said.  

"Relax....Ill go out lekin abhi nahi."

"What?"

"Dude...I am THE Manik Malhotra, mere entry ke liye agar sabko thoda intezaar karna paare toh so what?" Manik asked as he finished the bottle he was holding. Yuvraj rolled his eyes.

"Manik! Manik! Manik!" 

"Manik...stop drinking aur bahar chal!" Yuvraj said. Manik sighed and put the bottle down.

"Ok Ok fine....Im going." 

Yuvraj watched in concern as Manik swayed a little but he made his way to the stage and soon the concert started. Manik sang his most hit songs with passion. The girls all swooned at his sight and the guys enjoyed his singing. Once the concert was over, Manik came back to where Yuvraj was standing and took another beer bottle out from the cooler.