14

Omniscient| February 14th

Nolani walked downstairs sluggishly to her mother sitting on the couch, nursing a cup of coffee watching the news.

She ignored her presence as normal and headed straight to the kitchen for a bottle of water.

"This what we would call a Valentine's Day massacre, 7 dead and 1 injured. Some bystanders say they seen a all black charger heading into Windsor City mobile home park after mid night which was unusual hours for the neighborhood since it's now gated." Nolani stopped walking towards the stairs and listened to what the news was saying.

She stood with her mouth gapped open as Elijah's mugshot was placed on the screen, he had 24 hours to turn himself in or there would be an warrant issued for his arrest.

Nolani sprinted upstairs to find her phone so she could dial up Zenaida or even Donovan so she could see what was up.

Trying Zenaida first it went straight to voicemail making Nolani smack her lips before trying Donovan who answered on the third ring.

"Yo?"

"Why's Elijah mugshot all over the news saying he has to turn himself in or whatever bullshit they be saying?" She ignored his greeting and just questioned him.

"Huh- lemme call you back real quick." And just like that she heard three beeps indicating Donovan hung up on her.

She then tried Zenaida again but her calls went straight to voicemail like the first time making her curiosity thicken.

Not wanting to have the wrong scenarios in mind Nolani hurriedly put clothes on and rushed down stairs.

"Can I borrow your car?" She halted in front of her  mother out of breath making her mother look at her as if she lost her mind.

"Uh yea? The keys are on the kitchen table."

"But why are you runnin' round here like a lunatic ?" Her mothered asked as she made her way back to the living room.

"I have to see if my friend is okay." Nolani said before leaving, not having enough time to explain anything in the moment.

Speeding over a couple blocks she hit a curb pulling into her bestfriend's driveway. Immediately putting the car in park she hopped out of the still running vehicle and jogged towards the steps.

Ringing the doorbell frantically, she peeked over to a near by window peaking in seeing as though nobody was answering the door fast enough.

Turning around nolani saw nothing but her car in the driveway indicating only she and possibly her bestfriend was in or outside of the residence.

She twisted the knob and pushed as the door creaked open. Raising a brow peering around the dark house, the cold breeze from the ac instantly connected with her skin as she walked further into the home.

"Zenaida!" She called out but got no answer.

Flicking on light by the stairs she cautiously walked upstairs turning on her flashlight on her phone as she reached the top.

"Zenaida?" She called out once more as she stood outside of Zenaida's  room with her hand on the door knob but still, no answer.