~4. "Trolloc!"~

*Emee's POV*

After a rather short night of rest, due to my attempt to run which was interrupted by the Aes Sedai, who somehow did know a lot about me already, we had to get up again. Yet, I was surprised again. They really brought a third horse. They did trust me enough to let me ride my own horse. Nobel or another of their tricks.

However we were on the horses for hours now. The sun was long high on the sky and sunk again, until we finally settled down. It truly was exhausting to ride a horse all day long. The whole way I had felt as if someone was close behind us. Probably just due to the Trolloc–story, I had been told by the Aes Sedai.

Finally settled near a campfire, I had found a bit of rest. I almost forgot about my aching stomach, that was until the brunette's Warder had handed me some food and water.

My eyes dared to close, but I didn't want to fall asleep. It's not that I wanted to flee again, since I knew it was useless, but I also felt more like myself when I was here, with them, than I had ever had back home. It scared me, cause why wouldn't I feel mostly myself at home, than while I'm traveling with complete strangers?

My eyes shot open. The fire was out. The Aes Sedai and her Warder were gone. Just me, darkness, coldness and an uncomfortable snarling... I stood up from the cold ground. An owl sang in the distance. My eyes traveled. They took in the same surroundings, they had seen when the others were still here.

Where is the Aes Sedai?

Didn't she want to stay with me? So, where are they both now?

I'm all alone-

The snarling noise grew louder, as if it was close behind me, yet when I looked there, nothing was there. Every time I turned around the noise was somewhere else. I clutched my hands to my scull, when the sound grew so loud my head was aching so horribly, I feared it would explode. My eyes squeezed painfully shut. All of it made me wanna do everything to make it stop. However I couldn't.

Then I dared to open my eyes again. There was something or maybe a someone on a horse, standing on a near by hill. The horse had a clean scull of its kind on it's own head, it appeared imposingly and dangerous in a way, I couldn't describe it.

Suddenly spiders, at least a hundred of them, came close to me.

My breath hitched in my throat and the aching inside my head continued even worse.

The only thing I was able to do was to whimper. So I did that. My body curled on its own into a ball on the ground, holding my head in between my hands. The sound of the spiders being crushed on the ground echoed through my head, earning me to scream out in fright.

Someone touched my shoulder. My whole body tensed, yet I couldn't stop whimpering, same as this aching inside my head didn't want to.

"Don't touch me... leave me alone." I croaked out crying. "Please"

"Emee, wake up." Spoke a warm voice and I flung my eyes open.

The pain faded, when I looked into her eyes. The brunette had knitted brows, as she stared into my face and scanned my features. One hand on my shoulder, the other lifted my chin slightly. Warmth. There was immediately warmth surrounding me again. The campfire was still lit. The fire crackled joyfully.

"Do we have to go again?" I attempted to change the topic already.

"No." The woman, who kneeled in front of me, replied. "What did you dream about?" She asked strongly. "Dreams are powerful."