~14. "...You protected her."~

*Moiraine's POV*

Something in my heart ached, whilst I left the room. How dared they to even think about hurting her? Oh, Liandrin and her novices will regret this-

"Moiraine don't. You'll regret it in the end." I rose my gaze and glared into Lan's dark and comforting eyes.

"...I hate it when you're right." I sighed and smiled slimly.

"And I am still not used to you agreeing on my word."

"Don't get used to it." I scoffed and begun to walk away.

"Moiraine..."

I exhaled shortly. "Will you please make sure Emee is safe, until I am back?"

"Stay safe." A smile formed on my face and I left.

Liandrin was going to regret what she did. One could only hurt her, by giving her a lesson to learn. She messed with the wrong Aes Sedai.

...

"Liandrin Sedai. It came to my attention, you lead an attack inside these very walls?" Spoke Siuan in all her glory.

It wasn't even hard to think of something, that would piss her off. Liandrin didn't respect the Amyrlin Seat as much anymore, yet it was a pain in the ass for her to be put on the track. The assembly was set anyway, so it was just perfect.

The blonde woman glanced over to me. Oh, if looks could kill. I oppressed a smile.

"Mother, Moiraine barely was in the tower for the past decade. She was flipping between being here and somewhere in the world! How was I supposed to know this girl was no threat to me or my sisters-"

"Don't try to fool me with your speech. Did you make three of our novices turn against my protégé?" She swallowed.

It was bitter sweet to watch her. Liandrin had no idea, it was Siuan who gave me the order. She had no idea what she had done.

"I didn't know she was your protégé, mother..."

"Do we need to worry about you turning our sisters against one another as well? Or will you just turn them against my guests?"

"No! I mean no, mother."

"I don't want to hear any of your nonsense anymore-" Liandrin dared to cut in.

"Mother, it was Moiraine who kept that girl a secret! She is such a powerful channeler. That girl killed hundreds of men with something I have never seen before. She is even more powerful than you." The blonde dared to interrupt our mother.

Siuan seemed unimpressed by her comment, but I wasn't sure if she liked the last sentence. Someone more powerful than her? Would something like that sit right with her? I shouldn't question that.

The brunette turned her gaze towards me. "Moiraine, is that true?"

Liandrin dared to speak up again. "She was traveling with a ticking time bomb!" Oh this woman-

I took a deep breath and started: "I was not aware of her channeling ability being this powerful, mother."

"Yet, you should have warned your sisters."

I parted my lips. "I was of the opinion Emee was better off, if no one knew."

"You were of the opinion?" Siuan rose her brows. "Moiraine Damodred, don't think of yourself as something better, just because of your nobel blood and your title. You are equal to your sisters. I expect you to know this and to act wiser." She knew, how I hated to be called by my name. Yet, she did a great job in hiding, the fact we worked together, by mentioning my blood line.