➪FOURTEEN

"Nicco slow down

"Nicco slow down. Where are we going?" Nicco took me by the hand and all of a sudden we were headed towards the entrance, or the exit, whatever you want to call it.

I'm not sure why all of a sudden he wanted to leave. Especially in the middle of dinner. We left everyone there, they're probably so confused, or either thinking that we will be back shortly.

"Be quiet" he says, almost shushing me for a second. He held my hand firmly. I gave a small smile to the men who opened the door for us, they seemed to be workers.

I found myself starting to do a light jog to keep up with him as he was pulling me so fastly. My feet started to ache. I'm not particularly wearing running shoes right now.

"Marnicco, My feet are killing me" the moment my sentence registers in his brain he stops and turns around to me.

For the first time in a few seconds we are still. And I think that it may be this way for a while. Now he can say whatever it is that he wanted to say so badly that we had to leave dinner.

But it doesn't stay that way. He bends lower and in a quickness I am thrown over his shoulder. His forearm rests right at the pit of my knees to keep me from tipping over, his other hand right at the hem of my dress so I wouldn't be exposed. But there is no one near. Even if I was to be exposed no one would see it. The street is dark too except for the small light from the streetlights

"What is your problem?" My voice stifles out. It's sort of hard to breathe and talk as I am laying on my stomach, my abdomen pressed against his shoulder.

"I'm pissed at you" he doesn't even sound the slightest of tired. I mean given that he's holding me I would think I'd restrain him in some way but no, he carried me so effortlessly.

Confusion takes over me as he speaks. "What? Why? I didn't do anything." I counter. If it was about something I said before he would have reacted earlier. I am completely lost and confused.

He finally puts me down as we are a few feet away from his car. I'm not sure how he knew exactly where it'd be but he did. My feet stumble a bit as I look up at him but he quickly takes ahold of my face and it stills me.

"I am the only man you should be smiling at that is at your feet" his green eyes cause my heart to sink a bit as they have turned to some dark color. And it puzzles me. He's never given me this look before.

"You're mine. All mine. Only mine. Any man at your feet can continue dreaming because it'll never happen as long as I'm here" before I can react his lips are forced onto mine. He tastes faintly of mint and wine, and it intrigues me. He tastes so delicious. It nearly makes me forget about everything that happened before this kiss.

His hands stay on my head as he walks forwards, causing me to take a few steps back. I try not too, but he's so masculine and strong that my feminine body is forced a few steps back, doing so until I can feel the hood of his car at my knees.