➪TWENTY ONE

The large painting set almost directly behind Lucia's head nearly distracts me

The large painting set almost directly behind Lucia's head nearly distracts me. So far it's been used as a space to help me drown out the great conversations about things I either don't care about, or know much about. Paper work, hotels, restaurants, different kinds of payments. All things I've never had to deal with. I am no owner of a business, nor am I interested in buying houses all over the world. I don't exactly have the money to spend, and that's fine with me.

"Sienna" the sound of Nicco's fathers voice, I forgot his name, I know, it's horrible—makes me come back to my senses. My vision unblurs and the feeling of the fork in my hand is defeating. I bring my eyes over to him and his eyebrow is raised.

Nicco chuckles lightly before looking over at me. "He wanted to know if you had any major plans for later on in life, maybe when you're a bit older?" He says and I smile gently. Thank God for him.

I nod. "Well I've always wanted to get married so there's that, and maybe a kid depending on what age everything is settled". Nicco pretends to choke on his desert and it nearly makes me roll my eyes.

Lucia hums. "Remind me darling, how old are you again?" She asks.

"I'm twenty years old".

"Oh Maxim this question may be too deep for her, she's young she should enjoy her life before she starts to think about those things. So can you tell us where your parents live?" Lucia says.

Nicco shakes his head slyly and it causes everyone to look at him. He touches my leg gently. "Mum I told you that Sienna's father isn't in her life, but I'm sure she's happy to tell you about her mother".

"Yeah, she stays in Seattle like the five of us, she's a great woman" I kept my answer short.

Maxim nods. "Lucia's father wasn't in her life either, but she turned out to be a very great woman as you can do the same" he smiles and I return the smile.

"He hit the road as soon as my mother told him she was pregnant, which is why we raised our boys to handle responsibilities no matter what. Isn't that right?" Lucia says.

Both men nod and James smiles. "Hopefully whenever I have a girlfriend I can be a good father like you were" his compliment is aimed at his father who smiles back at him.

"Don't you mean when you have a child?" Nicco chuckles and James shakes his head.

"I know what I said, I'm trying my hardest to take after my older brother". Nicco throws a million daggers at James with his eyes and it makes me raise an eyebrow. Does he think he's funny?

Luckily Lucia and Maxim completely ignores him, continuing to eat their desert. I, however, do not take this lightly. He smirks at Nicco before cutting his eyes towards me. Without further thinking I stand myself up, causing Nicco to look at me with confusion written all over his face.

"I have to use the restroom" I say and Nicco relaxes his face.

He smiles for a brief second before answering. "You can use the bathroom in my old room" he says and I raise an eyebrow. How am I supposed to know where that is? He notices. "Up the stairs, last room on the right".