Chapter 5

---Present Time---

"We will have you all try the Crucius curse on these frogs, because if we let you try it on each other, we'll have more paperwork to fill out. Begin!" Peter Kirkland couldn't believe they would make first years to do that!

He looked down at his wand, and decided he didn't want to taint it with such a vile curse. "Do it; Professor Carrow's looking!" The girl next to Peter hissed at him, ducking her head and doing the curse herself.

Carrow confronted their table, causing many around Peter to flinch and work on the curse.

"Well, boy? Why aren't you doing anything?" Peter did not answer. Carrow scowled, pulling out his wand.

"Not responding to your superior is very rude. Class, watch me. CRUCIO!"

Peter howled in pain, the horrible feeling digging into his skin like knives. Searing pain, like the time he fell from the tall tree near their home; except this time, it was tenfold of how it felt that day.

"Now, Carrow, we don't tolerate using students as test subjects!"

Peter looked up weakly and saw Professor McGonagall's looming shadow. I'm saved, he thought as he started to black out..

---5 years ago---

Ludwig looked at Feliciano warily. "What are you doing?" He asked him. The Italian looked up from his hiding place behind the taller teen.

"W-well, I'm afraid of the Chamber, if I'm honest with you." Ah.

"Go hide behind your brother, not me," Ludwig said gruffly.

"Him? No thank you. He's more cowardly than me; Gryffindor? Unlikely. He doesn't value bravery at all. He'd rather his younger brother do the filthy work."

This kid didn't seem like the type to talk trash about someone else, so that was pleasantly refreshing and different for some strange reason. "Besides," Feliciano continued, "you make me feel more safe than he does." Ludwig likes the kid infinitely better.

---

Arthur was annoyed. Here he was, writing an essay, and then comes along Francis and Gilbert sneaking a Gryffindor named Antonio into the Slytherin common room. "No way. Go have fun pranking or whatever the Bad Touch Trio does somewhere else, not here!" Arthur snapped. He was frustrated, because when Alfred is in a bad mood, so was he.

"Well you're such an un-awesome party pooper!" Gilbert sighed dramatically.

"Tomatoes fix everything!" Antonio said, offering the fruit to Arthur. "You should have some!"

Arthur didn't know if Antonio was genuinely this happy or if he was just waiting for the kill. Arthur decided it was the latter.

"No, thank you. I need to do my essay here, so please go somewhere else."

"So uptight~," Francis sighed, placing a hand on Arthur's shoulder. Arthur pushed it off in disgust.

"No wonder you only have Alfred as a friend. You can do much better than him."

Arthur reeled away, kicking fruitlessly at the French man.

"Don't say that about him," he hissed, throwing his essay into his bag angrily. He took his things to his dorm instead. When he plopped them onto his bed, he found Flying Mint Bunny waking up from a nap.

"Hullo," he said, petting the fairy behind the ears. The rabbit cooed happily. "Is Mother throwing a hissy fit again?"

The Sight was a rare talent of Arthur's, and he absolutely adores all the fairies he can see. "Don't worry; just stay with me and you'll be safe." The mint rabbit nodded in agreement, soft against Arthur's calloused dominant hand. He definitely feels happiest with them. He curled up into a ball, letting go of his worries. Who cares if there were three annoyances walking around? It didn't matter. It didn't...matter...