Ch. 3

I went back to my dorm after the game, we didn't have a dinner that night to celebrate because finals start tomorrow and a lot of the girls needed to study.

I packed up a suitcase of dirty laundry, as much as my suit case would hold at least, to take home. My mom always done my laundry for me when I go home, which is really nice of her.

I hit the sack at eleven, after watching some Netflix on my iPad.

I got up at seven, and my plane leaves at noon so I have to be there at ten. With traffic, I'll need to leave at nine.

Basically, I have enough to for a relaxed breakfast and time to get ready to go.

I texted Sam to meet me at the dining hall for breakfast. His first exam was at nine, so he had time to eat.

I met him in the entry way, and he was carrying a geometry book.

"I was thinking that you could help me with a few things this morning?" He said shyly

"I'll give it a try. Geometry is not my best subject though."

We went into the area where you pick out your food. I got 4 boiled eggs, a fat free vanilla yogurt cup, and some granola.

I helped him with his math, and at this point it was 7:45 and I still hasn't showered.

I headed back to my dorm, showered and got ready. I put on a pair straight legged American eagle jeans, a flannel shirt and an army green canvas jacket.

I needed to leave at this point, so I dragged my super heavy suitcase down to the parking lot and wrestled it into my trunk- it was quite a struggle.

I arrived at the airport the airport an hour later, and checked in.

The flight wasn't super busy, it was a Wednesday after all. I've been here plenty of times before, so I knew which places have the best food in he terminal. I went to a burger joint that was pretty near where I needed to board and got a black bean burger with a side of sweet potato fries.

I ate casually because I wasn't that hungry. I probably didn't finish even half of it. I went back to terminal and still had a half hour to kill. I hate how they make us get here so early and then there is nothing to do but wait. I know that the first time I come with less than two hours, I'll miss my flight though.

There was a college basketball game on, so I ended up watching that until it was time to go.

When I boarded my flight, I took the third row window seat because it's the best. Not too close to the bathroom, but close enough that you don't have to wait forever to get off.

My flight was only an hour long, so I just dozed off for a while.

When we landed, I stood up to get out and started to get in the aisle when a guy behind me started yelling.

"Hey dude, let the ladies go first. Be chivalrous for once!"

"I'm a female, thank you. And I waited my turn."

I went ahead and got off and walked quickly to hopefully get away from that guy.

Luck was on my side because I found my bag on the carousel immediately. My mother was done there too. As soon as I got my bag, I went and gave here a big hug. We are pretty close and it's always great to be back to see her.

I signed, "Mom, I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too. Let's go home now, your Dad should be getting home too." She signed back to me

We drove back to our house, which is probably an hour away from the airport. My dad was home too. He's a teacher at the Illinois School for the Deaf.