Chapter 7 - The Last Piece of the Puzzle

Elli's Pov

Everyday I feel like I'm looking over my shoulder to see if something bad is going to happen.

        For the past two weeks, I go to sleep expecting to see the other half of my vision but it never happens. The same part plays night over night and I'm getting a bit impatient.

        I've been trying to keep myself occupied with studying, Quidditch practice and going to see the Thestrals with Luna. But nothing is helping, the reason for that is because I have a mental countdown to the Hallowe'en feast; five days, eighteen hours, and twelve minutes.

        I keep telling myself if the other half of my dream doesn't before the Hallowe'en feast I shouldn't be worried. But that is exactly why I'm worried, what if something bad happens and I could have done something to stop it? I don't think I could live with that.

David cancelled our Quidditch practice today because of the rain. That was the first time he had ever let the weather mess with a Ravenclaw Quidditch practice but then again I don't think David wants another broken arm.

        I'm thankful that Quidditch practice is cancelled because we have a Potions test tomorrow and I think my mark can use a good grade. Yes, I am in Ravenclaw but I do better with practical tests than with written ones.

        I was in the library, trying to memorize the steps for the Babbling Beverage potion, when Kaylin and Hawke slammed their books onto the table on either side of me and sat down.

        "Well, well, well," said Kaylin as she flipped through her potions textbook. "Where have you been for the past couple of days?"

        "In the library," I said. "Where else would I be?"

        "We've been checking in the library," replied Hawke. "You were no where to be found."

        "Then I was in the Ravenclaw common room. You can't check in there," I said "Or maybe I had a Quidditch practice that day."

        I started to pack up my book and move to another table but Hawke caught my arm.

        "Where are you going?" she asked.

        "To another table," I said, trying to remove my arm from her grip. "I have a Potions test tomorrow."

        "So do we," said Hawke. "Or have you forgotten that we have the same classes."

        "I haven't forgotten," I said, ripping my arm from Hawke's hand. "I've been a little preoccupied lately."

       "Excuses, excuses," said Hawke. "Just admit that you don't want to hang out with us anymore!"

        "I'm not going to tell you that," I said, a little hurt from that comment.

        "Well it definitely seems like it. You would rather be in your precious Ravenclaw common room rather than spending time with us. Your two best friends!" said Hawke raising her voice. "I thought we were going to make this friendship work."

        "Hawke, that's enough," Kaylin said quietly.

        "No, it's true," I said, bringing my books to my chest. "I would rather be in my common room than following the Boy Who Lived around the castle."

        "Elli wait," said Kaylin but I walked away before she could say anything else.