Another oneshot

Heya, been a while. Like, really, a long while, haha. Happy new year + Christmas everyone! I don't know if anyone will read this 'cause i've been dead as hell but i hope you enjoy :) Also been a while since i've seen Poe/Ranpo content, so they might be out of character, sorry about that. Also slight TW, this will contain slight mentions of murder and death.

 Poe was walking around town, looking for inspiration for his newest novel ''Christmas case''. He promised Ranpo that for Christmas he'd give him a gift, this exact novel he was struggling on. His steps became more anxious as time passed, because quite literatly, he just couldn't find what he was looking for. Heck, he didn't even know what he was looking for! Just anything...anything that'd help him finish the novel. He didn't have much time left, only 5 days before Christmas, so there was no time to rest.

 Ranpo was at the agency, resting, and being an icon like always. Until he got called out to a case. But this time the case was different...Even the genius detective couldn't solve it. He gathered all the information he could, connected it to other cases, used his ''ability'', checked the cameras, but nothing. The genius was left speechless as he couldn't do anything. 

 Poe, the novelist who no longer could write...And Ranpo, the detective who no longer could solve cases. It was such a sad sight to see, but...They couldn't dissapoint. During that time, Ranpo and Poe didn't meet at all. They were busy looking for 'answers' as to why this was happening, Ranpo was sure if he found even the smallest detail he'd know, but that wasn't the case this time. 2 days left before Christmas, and panic started to settle in. Poe's novel was nowhere near finish, and Ranpo still hadn't solved the case. The case was a murder, 2 parents, 7 kids, and all the kids mysteriously died. It was sad to look at, their parents were devastated. Ranpo promised himself, that he would find out who did it before Christmas so during the magical time their parents could be a little more in peace. 

 1 day before Christmas.

Maybe it was impossible afterall?

Maybe they truly lost what they've had all this time?

Ranpo could only bust out laughing, how funny, a time that was supposed to be magical, would most likely turn into a despair time for him. 

But...

Miracles do happen.

On the exact day of Christmas, Ranpo solved the case, and Poe finished the novel.

How? How did it happen?

Well... Poe had come across the case Ranpo was struggling on, and it gave him the spark he needed! The novel, the twist, the despair, it might sound idiotic to some, maybe Poe was in some way 'romanticizing' what happened, but to him, it was a miracle. Maybe, the kids didn't die in vain. Thanks to that Poe was able to finish the novel, everything just clicked together. ''Thankyou...'' was all Poe could mutter after leaving the crime scene.

 And Ranpo, while investigating, came across a ripped out page from Poe's novel, a draft, that Poe had come to hate. But it gave Ranpo what he needed. Suddently, everything made sense. ''How did i not notice this earlier?" Ranpo laughed.

Poe and Ranpo, both finished their tasks on the magical day, truly, a perfect match. 

 Thankyou for reading! Please give feedback, i'm going to try to write more often so it'd be useful!