Chapter 8

"The artist Billie Eilish  released her new debut album, WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE  GO?. The album was a hit, debuting as number 1 in both the us and uk. For many people the singer came out of nowhere, but the artist had already realised an EP named  'dont smile at me' as well as the  single lovely which featured khalid.The singer has also had a close encounter when she was nearly shot in a targeted attack that happened a few months ago. Fans around the world are waiting for what comes next form the artist. " The news reporter said, before I shut the tv off.

Wow she's really popular now." You've really made a name for yourself now. Guess that means more work for me." I joked.

"Oh don't complain. I know you've been bored with the lack of activity going on recently." She stated.

"Ok you may be right . But anyway you've been inviting to preform at a festival in a week, you gonna do it?" I asked

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I?" She replied.

"I was just making sure. I need to be even more prepared now. At least I will finally be able to hear you sing." I said.

"Wait you've never heard me sing? We've known each other for 3 months." She asked.

"Nope, I've never heard you." I responded.

"Ok, well I'll make this performance my best one yet." She promised, before going off to practice with ginger.

I'm really happy for Billie getting popular, but I can't say I'm not worried. Everyone I've guarded in the past always gets so arrogant after they got popular and I don't want Billie to become like that. I did promise to guard her for however long she wants.

I should probably stop making these long term commitments.

Soon another, a week had passed. I stared in the mirror. Through the cracked surface, I could see my slightly bruised lip had slightly healed. I swiped one stray black lock of hair behind my ear, before opening the makeshift door from the abandoned building I had been residing in. It wasn't anywhere near as good as my apartment, but it was fine for now.

The trip to Bille's house was uneventful, as well as the trip to the music festival.I called in a few friends from my days at the bodyguard academy for extra protection and got ready. Billies on next so I alerted the other guards.

In a blink of an eye Billie was on, jumping around like a pro for her new song bad guy. I saw her looking at me from the corner of my eye but i had to stay focused on protecting her. She is an amazing singer though, but she sounds very familiar.

I continued watching the stage, still on edge after that news report. I had no idea how big this organisation is, and it's already targeted Billie twice.

I was brought out of my thoughts as I felt a pair of eyes staring at me. What song was Billie singing now? I listened to the lyrics for a minute, before realising what it was. Wish you were gay, huh. I was probably wrong but it felt like she was staring right at me. I'm probably just paranoid.

Other then billies singing, the rest was kinda uneventful. No one tried to get upstage and everything went of without a hitch. As Billie went to cool off after the performance I decided to watch the next singer come on, but what I saw shocked me.

"Ah hello audience members, I hoped you enjoyed your performance." A man walked on, holding a gun to the next performers head. His jacket having the familiar red devil horns on the back. Without listening to what he had to say, I radioed my backup bodyguards to protect the other performers and the audience. I hated leaving the others but Billie is my main priority. I ran to the room she was in, leading both her and finneas out of the building.

"What the fuck is happening?" Billie whispered. As we ran.

I was about to respond, but saw something worrying. A gunmen was loading his gun while looking at a nearby news reporter. "We are outside the music festivial in LA, where gunmen were seen threatening the singers. Two gunshots have been heard, but we are unsure if there are any casualties. We-" The news reporter announced, but I pushed her down just as another gunshot was fired, the bullet finding itself in my shoulder. Distantly I heard Billie scream, but I couldn't make it out.

"Fuck, why is it always this shoulder!" I complained, clutching my wound. I was about to walk back to Billie when I heard " Ah police officer, thank you for coming. That girl just assaulted me." The girl I just saved said, pointing in my direction.

"What the fuck? I didn't assault you." I stated, but the police officer was clearly believing her. As another gun shot went off, I got my priorities straight.

"Ginger!" I shouted, tossing my car keys to him, "get Billie out of here." After that, my hands were cuffed and I was shoved into the police truck.

"What? Finneas we can't leave her!" Billie screamed, but was cut of as the police car door shut. I guess that teaches me not to save people. What's worse is that the police officer completely wasted his time from saving those people. And now I'm going to prison.

"Wait, officer what prison am I going to?" I asked, I hadn't thought about it before but this could be really bad.

"The la metropolitan detention centre." He stated, boredom dripping from his voice.

"What? No no no. I can't go there, can't I go somewhere else?" I pleaded. Fuck, I need to get out of here.

"Sorry ma'am, if you didn't want to go to prison you shouldn't have committed a crime." He said.

Fuck, I really need to get out of here.