Chapter 9

"Uproar in Los Angeles. Two days ago a musical festival was attacked by a terrorist group informally known as 'the Red Devils.' 3 of the musical artists who performed were killed, although none of the audience were injured. Footage was recorded by a nearby news group, but what was seen was shocking. The news reporter, Karen Owens, was nearly shot by one of the terrorists, but was saved by an unidentified individual. Many people believe this to be Billie Eilish's bodyguard, but this has yet to be confirmed. The girl was then charged with assault for pushing Karen Owens over, despite being the one to save her. The police has yet to release any information on her trial or where she is being detained, but with the many petitions online trying to save this courageous young girl it is unlikely she will stay where she is for long. It is also highly unlikely that Karen will keep her job, due to the petition with over 50 thousand signatures asking her to be fired." Finneas read out.

"Fuck, are they allowed to not tell us where she is?" I questioned, irritated. That fucking women should get fired. Luna gets shot for her and she decides to fucking arrest her.

"They might have told her bodyguard company but I can't get though to them." Finneas suggested.

"Well if they know why aren't they doing anything. You know what, fuck it. Let's just check every prison till we find her." I suggested, jumping out my seat and heading for the door.

"Billie, those people might still be out there. We can't just risk your life checking prisons. As soon as we have a location I'll drive you there. But we have to stay here before." He said.

"Fine, but if there's no news by tomorrow I'm going out there. With or without you." I promised. I hated leaving her there, but there's nothing I can do. Please be safe Luna.

____________________________________
Luna's pov

I sat, hands covering my ears in the corner of my cell. I had just been put in here an hour ago. Before that, I was held at the police station. They called my boss to bail me out, but that bastard decided to keep me here to teach me a lesson. He also payed them to stay silent about my location, so I doubt I'm getting bailed out any time soon.

The cells open in a minute for roll call, so I got up. Hopefully I won't meet him today, though I've never been very lucky.

As the cell doors opened, I exited my cell and stood still, listening to all the names being called out.

"Two Jen-" the guard started.

"The name is Luna." I gritted out.

In an instant, I was slammed into the wall, directly hitting my injured shoulder. Sometimes I think that shoulder does more harm then good...

"I know your new here, Two Jenkins but if you think you can get away with blatant disrespect you are very wrong. If you want me to call you by the name you wish, you should be more respectful." She suggested, before backing of me.

"My name is Kai. I advice you learn it." The guard advised before continuing with roll call

Fuck, he definitely knows I'm here now. The prison was as plain as you could imagine, but I didn't have much time to observe as I retreated into someone else's cell.

"Get over here two. You look weaker then I imagined. Is that any way for you to greet your father." He commanded.

Despite trying as hard as I could to resist, my legs moved almost instantly. I stood infront of him, unable to do anything else but follow his command. As it wore off, I was about run away. If I got thrown in solitary he couldn't get me.

"Stay right there." He commanded. My body legs froze, leaving me completely immobile.

"You Fu -fucking b-ba-bastard! You-" I screamed, stuttering.

"Shut up." He ordered. My mouth slammed shut, all thoughts of talking completely deleted from my head.

"Wow, who knew years of fear conditioning would be so effective, even after so much time. Although I guess it's not completely effective seeing as it was you who got me thrown in here." He remarked, circling around me.

"And your still persistent on using that stupid name she gave you, huh? Don't worry Two, I will fix that soon enough. You'll be perfect again."

Fear tingled down my spine.

"I doubt you ever expected to see me again, huh? I certainly didn't. So what have you been doing this entire time. Answer me." My so called father commanded.

"I work as a bodyguard." I stated plainly, my voice completely mono tone.

"Oh, that's a shame, your gonna be bailed out very soon then. It would cost that business a lot more to keep you in here rather then bail you out, after all.I guess I better leave you something to think about." He smirked before continuing.

"First, my commands cannot be overwritten or changed by anyone  else." He commanded, that rule cementing itself into my brain.

"And secondly, you believe the death of Stella was completely your fault." He commanded with a smirk.

"I know how much you cared about her, so I hope it doesn't destroy you to much. But don't worry, once I escape from prison I'll be back to make you into exactly what you were meant to be. Once I am out of your sight, you must move back to your cell, can then move and speak." He said, before proudly walking away.

After a few minutes,  my body began to gain feeling and I walked back to my cell, but I didn't move any further.

I killed her. It was my fault. I should have protected her, I shouldn't have even let her near me. What's the point of all that training if I can't protect the people I care about. Maybe this is all pointless.

I vaguely felt myself fall to my knees, but I was so zoned out I wasn't sure.

____________________________________
Kai's pov

"Hey, looks like you weren't here very long. Some girl and her brother bailed you out." I said , walking into her cell.

"Two?" She questioned. I looked down to see her curled up into a ball on the floor, her hands covering her ears. Huh, she's being stubborn. I guess as she's leaving today there's no harm in it.

"Fine then. Luna, it's time to go" I gave in, thinking wasn't responding due to the name. After a minute, I saw she hadn't responded. Tears were running down her check as she let out small sobs.

What the fuck happened? She was so confident and fearless when she came in.

"Wow, I have no clue what happened but it's really messed you up." I commented, picking her up from the floor and carrying her out of the prison.

I was quite worried about her. She's obviously been though a lot. Like who the fuck would name their daughter two? Obviously not an loving family. I hated been so cruel to her back at roll call but I have to do this job for 2 more months to complete my deal, I'm not getting fired so close to the end.

"You know, I hope your ok Luna. If we ever meet again, I hope it's on better circumstances." I wished, placing her down in the room before going back to the lobby.

"Tw- uh Luna is over there." I said to the two siblings, directing them to where I put her. They came very early in the morning so it was lucky I was hear. They kept on asking for Luna and as we don't have her registered under that name they weren't going to let them in til I came.

After showing them where she is, I went to grab her belongings that were taken away when she got here. Although she didn't have much, only her phone and a small bag. Before giving it to them, I wrote my phone number on a small post-it note and stuck it to the back of her phone before putting it back in the bag.

After, I gave the bag to the brother, before leaving. I noticed both the girl and Luna missing, so I'm guessing she took her.

If we meet again Luna, it better not be in prison. I only have two months left here after all....