Chapter 10

chapter loading...
*+x+*
.
.
.

"Beomgyu, are you real?" 

"What?" 

Beomgyu and Taehyun were quietly studying for an upcoming exam in their Korean class. As expected, the two were huddled together in Taehyun's favorite library spot located in the maze of bookshelves. Textbooks, notebooks, pens, and two laptops alike were sprawl on the floor as the two men studied the material. Though suddenly, Taehyun loudly shut the textbook in his hand, putting it to the side as he asked that question. Is Choi Beomgyu real?

Beomgyu looked up from the notebook he was writing on, confused why Taehyun would ask such a strange question, "Am I real?" he echoed back, making sure he heard him correctly. Though unfazed, Taehyun nodded, firm with his question. Beomgyu chuckled sarcastically, answering, "I mean, I hope. I'm right here, right?" the young man lightly slapped his own face, "You can touch me, right? That means I'm real." 

Taehyun leaned his body against Beomgyu. And surely enough, Taehyun felt the ravenet. Beomgyu adjusted himself to lean against Taehyun as to balance out their weight. All the while, Beomgyu looked at the younger with confused eyes. Though Taehyun didn't look up to meet their eyes. He kept his gaze on to the floor.

"Why do you ask?" 

"Sorry, sometimes I forget."

"What do you mean?"

Beomgyu finally noticed how mentally exhausted Taehyun look. He hunched his back extremely and held his head low. It was almost to the point where his long locks hid his face. Yet, Beomgyu could see behind those strands of brown hair were weary eyes. Huge dark circles were under the man's eyes, as if he hadn't had a wink of sleep. It looked as if he tried to cover it up with makeup, but for whatever reason, it was wiped away now. 

Taehyun let out a tired yawn, "I dunno. I said before I didn't have many friends ever so..." 

"Do you wanna stop studying for today, Taehyun ah?" Beomgyu asked, taking the studying materials from Taehyun and pushing them away, "You're tired, right. You can sleep here. On my lap."

"No." Taehyun shook his head, "I'm not sleeping."

"But you look tired. Did you sleep last night?"

Taehyun grunt, "It's just the studying that's making me tired. Plus, I didn't have my macchiato, today," he excused, dodging the question.

"Hey hey, answer my question, brat."

"Look who's talking."

The two bickered back and forth as per usual. The constant bickering was like a routine for them, there wasn't a day without it. Yet, unlike others, Beomgyu let out a soft sigh this day, giving up on arguing with the man. He took Taehyun's lack of an answer as confirming his suspicion of the brunet not getting much sleep last night.

Silence washed over the two men. Beomgyu kept his eyes attentively on Taehyun, making sure the younger wouldn't fall off his shoulder as he sunk his figure deeper into him. All the while, Taehyun kept his half-lidded eyes on the floor, seemingly refusing to look up at Beomgyu. But in reality, he simply didn't have the energy to do so.

Beomgyu wondered if he should rest Taehyun down on his lap despite his insistence. Though, the ravenet flashbacked to what happened before when Taehyun slept on him. Taehyun had a nightmare, causing him to run away. Maybe that's why he doesn't want to sleep now. Beomgyu pondered. 

"Taehyun Ah."

"Hm?"

"What were you like in high school?"