Chapter 3: The fountain

"You're sure you'll be okay y/n?" Mabel asked.

"Yes I'll be fine I promise. I can always take a walk to the park or something," you replied.

Mabel and Lindsey had just gotten an emergency call from their work. Apparently a last minute meeting. Because of this they have to go out for a few hours, which will be leaving you alone with only their cat to keep you company.

You didn't mind though. To be honest you were hoping you could go see your childhood park today.

"Okay we'll be back in a few hours! Love you darling!" They both shouted out before shutting the front door.

"Well I guess it's just me and you Furball," you said to the big fluffy white cat sitting in front of you. Yes her name is Furball.

"Actually... I'm sorry kitty but looks like it'll just be you, I'm going to get some good old vitamin D!" You spoke again to the cat before shutting the door behind you.

~Time skip~

"It all looks the same," you looked around at your surroundings with a smile plastered on your face.

"Even the fountain is still here!"

This fountain has been a part of your life for as long as you could remember.

In fact it's been apart of your life before you were even born! Your father proposed to your mother here and they made the wish of having a child by throwing a penny into the fountain.

Your mother brought you here as a baby. The sound of the water helped calm you as if you knew how important it was to your family.

"No Karou you need a penny!"

That voice. Again.

"Fine then let's just grab one from the fountain!"

Oh hell no. They can't do that! That's someone's wish!

Before even realizing it, you were stood up walking towards where they were sitting on the other side.

"What are you doing?" You asked the all too familiar twins.

They looked up at you with a little bit of shock before recognizing your face.

"Well, we wanted to make a wish but we don't have a penny," one of them said.

"So we figured we could just borrow one from the fountain," the other shrugged while reaching his hand towards the water.

"No! Are you crazy!" You shoved their hand away from the water.

"Why can't we? No ones using it," one said with a slightly annoyed face.

"Do you want a pony for your birthday?" You spoke.

"No?" They responded in unison.

"Well if you use a random persons penny you might get their wish! Or maybe they won't get theirs!" You explained.

"So?" They replied.

"So?! So you'd be stealing someone's wish! It could be a really important one!" You exclaimed, quite offended at their ignorance and carelessness.

"Oh well," one said before reaching his hand into the fountain.

You meant to pull his hand away again but...

*SPLASH!*

"What the hell?!" The other yelled at you.

"I-I'm so sorry it was a mistake I didn't mean to!" You tried to apologize before...