Chapter 17: The promise ring

You rolled over to check your phone when you saw the date.

Your birthday!

You shot up out of bed and dashed down the stairs. You could already smell Mabel's delicious birthday pancakes waiting for you.

"Good morning birthday girl/boy/person!" Lindsey cheered.

"Did you have a good sleep?" Mabel asked as she placed your breakfast in front of you.

"Yup!" You smiled as you gobbled down your pancakes.

"You seem to be in a rush, what's the hurry?" Lindsey asked while stealing a piece of  your pancakes.

"I wanna see the twins," you shrugged.

You pulled out your phone and texted the boys.

"Great! They said they'll meet me at the park in ten minutes, gotta go!" You chirped before running out the door.

The sun was warm on your face as you jogged your way to the park.

~Slight time skip~

"Woah y/n!" Karou gasped.

"Did you run all the way here?!" Hikaru added.

"Yup!" You panted out.

"Why? You see us everyday?" Hikaru questioned.

"Well," you began.

"Today's my birthday!" You squealed.

The twins froze and then looked at each other.

"Uh y/n we actually kinda got to go," Karou rubbed his neck awkwardly.

"What? Why? You just got here!" You ask in confusion and disappointment.

"We... we have a host club thing," Hikaru shrugged.

"Oh, can't I come?" You asked with hope.

"Well there's going to be our fangirls there," Hikaru sighed.

"We don't want you to get jealous," Karou gives you an apologetic smile.

"Fine, go have fun then," you say with a hint of anger in your voice.

The boys noticed your upset state yet still wandered away.

"I really thought they'd do something fun with me,"

~Time Skip~

"Lindsey, Mabel, I'm back..the boys were busy," you sigh before closing the door behind you.

"Oh well um maybe you should go see a movie or something!" Lindsey suggests as both her and Mabel quickly hide something behind their backs.

"By myself?" You ask with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah! It's totally the new thing!" Lindsey smiles nervously.

"What are you guys hiding?" You tried to peek over their shoulders before Lindsey shooed you away.

"Why don't you go make a birthday wish!" Lindsey smiles before handing you a coin and shutting the door.

You sigh sadly and start walking towards the park again.

"Not even my aunts want to spend time with me, what has gotten into everyone?"

~Time Skip~

You peered over the fountain into your reflection in the water.

"If anything can change this crappy day, it's a wish," you roll the penny around in your hand.