Chapter 19: The news

"Good morning my beautiful wife!" Lindsey chirps as you and Mabel enter the kitchen.

"What's that smell?" You sniff the air.

"Pancakes for you and my glowing wife!" Lindsey responded while plopping stacks upon stacks of pancakes onto Mabel's plate.

"Woah! Sweetie I don't need that much!" Mabel protests.

"I'm feeding two by feeding you my dear!" Lindsey sang out.

"Well we don't know if it worked yet darling," Mabel giggles.

"Oh but I know it will! I already made a wish!" Lindsey smiles before taking a bite out of one of her wife's pancakes.

*Ding dong*

"That's weird, I thought the baby stroller was supposed to arrive on Saturday," Mabel glanced at the door in confusion.

You stand up and head over to open the door only to be met with none other than the twins.

"What's going on? Why are you guys here?" You ask in confusion.

"We wanted to check on Mabel and Lindsey," Karou smiled.

Hikaru turns to you and looks you up and down.

"Nice pyjamas, sleep head," Hikaru laughs.

You blush and run off to get dressed into actual clothes.

*A few moments later*

You come back to the kitchen to finish up your pancakes when you hear a noise. A very disgusting noise.

You enter the kitchen to see Mabel leaning over the garbage can with Lindsey holding her hair up.

"Is everything okay?!" You exclaimed in panic.

"It must be morning sickness!" Lindsey squealed.

Mabel stood up and cleaned herself off before grabbing a pregnancy test and heading to the washroom.

Lindsey stood impatiently at the bathroom door, waiting for Mabel to share whatever news was awaiting them.

"So uh how are you guys," you asked awkwardly.

"We're... doing the best we can after the news of you leaving soon," Karou smiled sadly.

"I'm sorry you guys, I love you both so much but I can't make you wait for me," you looked down sadly.

"What do you mean?" Hikaru asked.

"I- I think the only solution is... is to break up,"your voice cracked.

Before the twins could protest, Mabel came running out of the bathroom crying with a huge smile.

"It's positive! It's positive!" She cheered and kissed her wife.

"Oh thank you Hikaru and Karou! This is all thanks to you!"

Lindsey embraced Karou into a big hug while Hikaru began to walk towards the door.

"Hikaru? Where are you going?" Mabel asked slightly concerned.

"Karou come on, mom wants us to help her with some outfits," Hikaru responds with a cold tone, not bothering to turn towards anyone.

Karou just silently nods and follows after his brother.

You listen to the door shut softly while Mabel and Lindsey were giggling and squealing over plans for their new baby.

"Did I make the wrong choice?"